Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,831   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Source for optically flat glass.

Does anyone have a source for optically flat glass in 5X7" to 10X14" sheets about 1mm-1.5mm thick? I checked at Edmund and found nothing.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sandy about the only place I could think of would be Optio Sigma, last time I checked they were carrying some, but that has been a couple of years ago,

www.optiosigma.com

Last I checked, they didn't have much on their website, and you had to order a catalog.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you fail to find any there, you might check with Stonemills in Canada. They have had optically flat glass for the Durst neg carriers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What specifications are you looking for, in other words how flat is flat?

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    What specifications are you looking for, in other words how flat is flat?

Dave
    Dave,

I would settle for any good quality float glass. The main requirment for in my application is thickness, which needs to be 1mm-1.5mm.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Dave,

I would settle for any good quality float glass. The main requirment for in my application is thickness, which needs to be 1mm-1.5mm.

Sandy
    Okay,

I will do some checking, the glass I have made for my screens is very flat, but we are at about 2mm on thickness...

I will call the guy who pours my glass for me and see what he says about going thinner.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Okay,

I will do some checking, the glass I have made for my screens is very flat, but we are at about 2mm on thickness...

I will call the guy who pours my glass for me and see what he says about going thinner.

Dave

Thanks very much Dave. Let me know.

Sandy

S. I. HOWARD GLASS Co. has a very wide selection: http://www.howardglass.com/.

I have no experience with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave,

Sandy
    Sandy,

try Precision Glass and Optics (PG&O). I can get a contact name when I am at work tomorrow if you need it.

We use them for glass substrates all the time. Typically, we use 1" glass (0.7mm thick), but I have obtained 5" and 6" (1mm thick) rounds from them.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone have a source for optically flat glass in 5X7" to 10X14" sheets about 1mm-1.5mm thick? I checked at Edmund and found nothing.

Sandy
    Perhaps Melles Griot. They have many cool things for optics and photonics research applications. You might contact http://www.photonicsspectra.com/ magazine. My father used to have a subscription and I remember it as being full of ads for optical research paraphenalia. Check the ad index, this, for example might be promising. Good luck.
    Celac.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin