Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 803

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst Labrator 1000 light source options

I was given this enlarger. It has all the condensors. It also has a color head called a Pavelle 401. The Pavelle attaches in some custom way that I havent figured out yet, but all the parts are there. I would use it for black and white VC only. And then there is the possibility of using a cold light. I heard that a particular Aristo fits into the slots where the condensors fit. Does anybody have any experience with this Pavelle head, or using the cold light with this enlarger?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have two Durst L1000, both with color light heads. I created a copy of the enlarger manual . I also have the Pavelle manual, but haven't yet made an electronic version of it. Aristo has a cold-light head that fits the L1000 for around $650, last I checked.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have one L1000 with the condenser light , the durst Cold light source and the durst point light source.
    I don't even heard about the pavelle head.
    for some head you need to unscrew the lamp compartiment and put the new unit.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Durst Taucoli (cold light head)

I purchased a Durst Taucoli cold light head thinking that it would fit on my Laborator CE1000, but it was made for the L1000... So- if you're looking for one, let me know. It's "new old stock" and has the original manual.
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John: the Taucoli cold light sounds interesting. I need to become more familar with this enlarger first. Does this coldligh fit inside the condensor box, or dos it replace the condensor box. About how much are you thinking of selling it for?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Doug: Thanks for the manula which I will download soon. I could use a copy of the Pavelle manual if you ever have time to hard copy it, I would be pleased to pay for whatever that costs? Do you use the Pavelle for black and white VC? How do you like it?

Shooter
    Large Format

Pavelle

Pavelle Manual here

As far as using the Pavelle (or Durst MKII) 401 light source, I primarily use graded paper which works fine useing no filtration; but color light head is handy for those problem negs that require a VC paper. Most VC papers include Durst settings for different grades. The Pavelle requires the fan to cool the head during extended use. I put a switch on the fan & turn it on only after exposing the paper (fan is noisy & can cause vibrations).
    Last edited by doughowk; 04-07-2006 at 07:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gentlemen, I have two spare Taunobox (mirror box) which I guess are for the L1000. They are one for 4x5'' and the other for 35mm, if I recall. If anyone's interested, please contact me.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Marco- the Taunobox fit into the Taunodap head for the 500 colorhead, which is newer than the L1000... I've purchased a couple of the Taunoboxes only to discover that they do not fit the Camobox head on my CE1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti
    Gentlemen, I have two spare Taunobox (mirror box) which I guess are for the L1000. They are one for 4x5'' and the other for 35mm, if I recall. If anyone's interested, please contact me.
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMoore3
    Marco- the Taunobox fit into the Taunodap head for the 500 colorhead, which is newer than the L1000... I've purchased a couple of the Taunoboxes only to discover that they do not fit the Camobox head on my CE1000.
    Who said they were for the Camobox???

And however, what you wrote doesn't seem to be correct. I actually see everyday on ebay L1000s with the taunodap box fitted to a CLS 450 head. See for example here

However, I even have a spare Taunodap holder, if anyone's interested. The taunoboxes are brand new, never used.
    Last edited by Marco Gilardetti; 04-10-2006 at 09:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin