Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,200   Online: 1026

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by antielectrons
    I had the same issue with a componon-s. Sent it to scheider who wanted $300 to put it right. I ended up getting a Meopta meogon instead.
    That's weird. I have a Componon-S lens that had been damaged by frost. Schneider repaired it for less than a hundred Euros and they had to disassemble the entire lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    That's weird. I have a Componon-S lens that had been damaged by frost. Schneider repaired it for less than a hundred Euros and they had to disassemble the entire lens.
    I dont know what "frost damage" is, but fungus cannot be repaired and requires new lens elements.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by antielectrons
    I dont know what "frost damage" is, but fungus cannot be repaired and requires new lens elements.
    I am not deep into the details of lens engineering, but there appears to be some kind of lacquer on the rim of each lens element. This was apparently damaged when I stored the lens in a very humid place over the winter. The damage was visible from the outside, it looked a bit like bubbles at the rim of the lenses. I don't think it affected the optical performance, but I had Schneider repair it anyway. Schneider disassembled the lens and re-applied the lacquer. It looks like new now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin