Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,699   Online: 925

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

source of spring clips

..for contact printing frames. Anyone know where can I get em?

Wayne

Check with Richard Ritter as I remember reading that he can make various springs of all sorts from stock in his machine shop. With some size dimensions and tension criteria I am sure that he could kick out something pretty quick to meet your criteria.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They should be pretty easy to make. You can get the spring steel from McMaster Carr(www.mcmaster.com). It is tough stuff to cut, though. You could probably cut it with a corner of a file or use a cut off wheel on a Dremel tool. The corners can be rounded with a file or a grinding wheel. You can make the bends by clamping the steel in a vice and bending it. If you don't have a vice, clamp the part between two blocks of wood and bend it. I've made prototypes at work this way and it works fairly well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have access to a table saw... I had a friend make mine from laminating multiple birch strips cut about 3/32 x 1 1/4 inch. Work like a charm.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take a lok at the thread with PF frames there's a view of the back of one. They used clips used for retaining screens or storm windows in a storm door. $4-5pkg of 4 at the hardware store. Not the prettiest in town but functional.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin