Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,961   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Probably the easiest and cheapest way to get started is to proceess your 4x5 sheet film one-at-a-time in the Patterson System 4 (or other tank that'll do two 35mm reels) tank without any reels. Use the top and make sure the center thingy is in there - it is part of the light trap. Put the film in emulsion side toward the center and process as if it were a really big reel. The Patterson tank need 750-800ml of chems like this though.

After that, I'd go for the Jobo 2500 series of tanks and reels. You can get a whole kit with everything you need: tank, reel, and a fancy stand to help load the film onto the reel. I think the Jobo part number for the whole kit is 4341 (or maybe, 4143). I got mine at Calumet for something like $140.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    FR tanks run cheep on FEEbay ( mine were given to me ) and you can find instructions at here. i have used them just for stand processing and i was 1/2-sucessful at best.

john

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Jobo 2500 series tanks on a Unicolour base for all my B&W 4x5 negatives. I don't process colour myself. I've tried tray and SS hanger development, but in terms of consistancy of developemnt, the Jobo has worked best for me.

joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am just getting back into 4x5 and I have an FR tank that I have not used in over 30 years; back when I used to use it I was not sophisticated enough to look for uneven development. I recently tested it and found it requires about 1.5 liters of solution for 4x5, and requires 20 seconds to fill and another 20 seconds to drain. It seems that if there is any hope for it at all, I'll have to find a developer with a long developing time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin