Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,825   Online: 808

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone in NY would like to do an Adorama errand for me?

Adorama has that policy that they will have no shipping costs below 25$ for some reason that the clerks themselves seem to ignore. Living in Canada, I'd like to buy from them a 75mm gelatin CC40Y filter for my cold light source, but if I order direct from them it means I'm paying as much for shipping as for the item, which is ludicrous in this particular case given that normal surface mail would be nary a buck. I've been unable to find similar items at Calumet, the 'Bay, etc.

So does anybody feel like they'd like to make an errand for me the next time they go to Adorama and arrange for money issues with me by PM? If someone has a spare CC40Y, that would be another solution for me.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be happy to do that when they re-open after Passover.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you are right, full moon on thusrday!
    passover=easter
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks a lot Helen! Peter Schrager has offered his services to me by PM, so I'll be in touch with you if it doesn't work out.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    passover=easter
    They are not the same thing.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can't find a CC filter in Canada? Okay I haven't looked either. Why not look at a Roscolux filter instead? I know you can find those in Canada. At least Rosco has a list of Canadian sources. From the sound of it you're just looking at putting some yellow in there.

Even if you decide to get it from the US a 20"x24" sheet might be less then a 75mm CC filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Rosco make CalColor in 15Y, 30Y, 60Y and 90Y. Much cheaper than a gelatin filter.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nick, believe me, I have looked! The store clerks don't even know anymore what's a Wratten filter or a CC filter...

I checked the Rosco page, and their filters are designed to be used on light sources themselves. Would that cause any problem in an enlarger setup? Also, they don't have 40Y, only 30Y. Is the difference significant enough?

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.vistek.ca/details/details...WebCode=167472

Vistek has at least one. Not the one you want but they must be able to order whatever one you need. OTOH at that price it's cheaper to buy a new enlarger. Yikes.

If you use the filter above the negative the Roscos will be fine. Is it yellow enough? No idea.

For $100 you can order the V54 tube and you will have what you need.

Rosco makes a 1/2 green that will do the same as a yellow. Cut a circle and add over the diffuser and under the tube. Use two layers if necessary

Or just print using stronger grades of yellow or green to lower contrast. No filter will get maximum contrast. Cut up the sheet of Roscoe and make packs of 1 sheet, 2 sheets, etc. Lay a pack above the negative

Calumet sells Roscoe in 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and full green. The stuff is cheap. A 40 cc gel in a large enough size will be a king`s randsome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin