Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 722

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

NOva deep tank (not slots)

Anyone use one of these for film and/or prints. I can get one for about £40 which seems a reasonable price given the limited colour work I do.
    I know it's a daylight tank and I can work out how to use it with film but I assume prints are just immersed with no agitation, anyone got experience of this ?
    Any guide on weight and dimensions (it looks big )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b3_1_b.JPG.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are designed to be used with Stainless Steel or plastic cradles (Mr CAD sells them S/H). You roll the print up and turn it into the cage spiral. They work very well, but use a lot of chemicals. Agitation is done by moving/lifting the cradle. All done in the dark though.

My comments are for prints of course, film can be processed on standard spirals on a S/S 'T' rod.

Barry

Shooter
    35mm
    Digiconvert. Sorry can't comment on this deep tank but can say that Nova darkroom is having a sale on 22/23 April. If this kind of tank doesn't do the full job then maybe Nova will have a bargain Jobo CPE2 or Paterson Orbital. OK I wouldn't expect to get a Jobo for £40 but it will have been checked and serviced and there will be a short term guarantee. Given how long a CPE2 can be expected to last then even if your colour output is small, it could work out quite cost effective over a matter of years.

You can ring them about the sale and get an idea of prices and items

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin