Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,719   Online: 833

Thread: Print space NYC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Print space NYC

Wasn't sure where to post this thread, but It concerns darkroom space, so here it is.

Has anyone in the nyc area had any experience with a place in manhattan called print space? I just found them on the web, they rent darkrooms for doing black and white as well as color printing, they have a c-41 machine as well as imacon scanners for rent. Seems like a good set up, but i'd like to hear anyones comments who have been there.

Cheers,
    Mike

here is a link to the place in case anyone is interested:

http://www.printspacenyc.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I haven't used it myself, but I've only heard good things about them.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If their website is any indication, this is one helluva decent place to do your work. And the color print simulator is an amazing introduction to use of color adjustments for people like me who haven't a clue. Great site if nothing else!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My photography group(Ft. Greene Photography Org.) sometimes has group printing sessions at Print Space.I've only gone once (I have a home darkroom) but my impression is that they have very good equipment and its a pleasant place to work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The B&W section appears to be struggling. I've just been told that they have closed the two communal darkrooms (six enlargers, four enlargers) and reduced the times for the four private rooms: weekdays only, 12 to 7.

Not good news.

I get my C-41 done there, and hire the 949 scanner for my LF negs. The color floor is busy. It's a very friendly place with helpful people.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for this post. I've been looking for a place where I can scan my stuff at a reasonable price.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art,

PM me if you want info about scanning there (what they've got, what you need, exactly how fast that 949 machine is etc.). I guess that this isn't the place to discuss it in public. Apart from LF, I also use it for scanning Kodachromes at the resolution they deserve. See the snap of Bhagirathi Parbat and "K64 Example" in the link below.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Mike,

I used to print color there when I lived in NY, of all the rental darkrooms I liked it the best. Good location, extra-helpful staff, well maintained equipment, and a really nice place to hang out (which is important if you're stuck printing for 6+ hours).
    Highly recommended.

Best,
    Imke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin