Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,659   Online: 790

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPete
    Hey- I got one of those just yesterday! Mine has only the single 135 mounted, rather than the turret, but for $50, I won't complain. I have to pick up a new bulb before I can start printing, but I can hardly wait.

Did I mention that the $50 included a Thomas Super Safelight, in perfect working order?

$50, wow great price!

Anyone know wich size filters this beast eats?
    Amund

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The ProLab is a very nice enlarger and I have printed with several 135's using 4x5 negs with no noticeable differences in coverage. Should do you just fine. As for the Thomas Duplex safelight you won't go wrong even when it comes time to replace the sodium vapor tube. They go for about $70 new but they last a long time. I have 5 of them in daily use all day long in my High School labs and the first one went out after about 7 years.(8 hrs. x 180 day school year average x 7 yrs = 10,080 hrs of use) Turning them on and off several times a day shorthens the life of the tube. You are better off leaving it on all day long and shutting them down after your printing session for the day is over.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The enlarger is on my living room table now, going to move it to the darkroom tomorrow
    It came with all Componon-S lenses, a 50mm f/2.8, 100mm f/5.6 and the 135mm.
    And a bunch of negative carriers.
    8x11, 35mm, 6x6, 5.5x6.5, 4x5" and 6x7.
    Amund

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin