Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,657   Online: 1058

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Johoo! I finally found a 4x5 enlarger.

I`m hopefully picking this up at the end of the week.

Universal Pro-Lab 4x5

Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a nice unit. Have fun, Amund.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

KEK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm very jealous. I've been looking for a complete unit like yours for awhile,looks great

Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I`m pretty exited! I understood it was a good enlarger when Bob Carnie told me he had "about eight" of them
    The only downside is that it has a 135mm lens for 4x5, so I`ll need to find a good 150mm eventually.
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    . . . The only downside is that it has a 135mm lens for 4x5, so I`ll need to find a good 150mm eventually.
    Perhaps not. It depends on the 135mm lens, actually. Some cover 4x5 nicely, others not. Try the one you have, and then decide. I've been using an older 135mm Schneider Componon on 4x5 for years, and like it. The slightly shorter focal length also means less head height for any given print size.

To paraphrase the more common saying, life is a balance, and then you fall off the beam.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Like Ralph, I too use a older 135mm Schneider Componon. Its a sweet lens and I never felt the need for anything longer for 4x5. Beware of lens snobs, demand to see their prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Perhaps not. It depends on the 135mm lens, actually. Some cover 4x5 nicely, others not. Try the one you have, and then decide. I've been using an older 135mm Schneider Componon on 4x5 for years, and like it. The slightly shorter focal length also means less head height for any given print size.

To paraphrase the more common saying, life is a balance, and then you fall off the beam.

Great! I`ll try and see. It has a 135mm Componon-S
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your Componon-S should be even better than my older Componon, excluding variations between individual lenses. Give her a whirl - she may dance your socks off.

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sweet!

Hey- I got one of those just yesterday! Mine has only the single 135 mounted, rather than the turret, but for $50, I won't complain. I have to pick up a new bulb before I can start printing, but I can hardly wait.

Did I mention that the $50 included a Thomas Super Safelight, in perfect working order?
    Last edited by PhotoPete; 04-19-2006 at 12:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: speling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPete
    Did I mention that the $50 included a Thomas Super Safelight, in perfect working order?
    That's one wonderful safelight, but wait until you have to replace the bulb! We found that replacing the whole safelight was easier and almost the same price. Of course, the old one had lasted at at least 7 years in a darkroom where it is on perhaps 50- 60 hours a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin