Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,499   Online: 939

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

question about 20x24 saunders easels

Does anyone own a Saunders 20x24 easel, and can it be used on a standard Omega D baseboard or does the column base get in the way? Any experience is appreciated. I am considering either a 16x20 or a 20x24 saunders to replace my 11x14. thanks
    neal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Absolutely no idea, but if you measure the horizontal distance from the centre of your lens to the column that'll give you half the maximum. My 16x20 LPL/Saunders easel requires an inch at the top in addition to that so if you take an inch off your measurement and double the result you'll get some idea of what will fit. Hope that's of some help.

Roger.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a Saunders 20 x 25 that I use with a Beseler 45 VXL with baseboard. The easel does butt into the column a bit and extend beyond the front edge of the easel. I bump it occasionally but not often. No problems making 20 x 24 inch prints though. It is a great easel.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Saunders Easel is nice, if you have the 11X14 you probably know.

I use it, but have wall mounted Omega enlarger with zero problems. My business partner doesn't like to use the 20X24 with his baseboard enlarger when making smaller prints... yes the column gets in the way with small prints.

But realize, you don't have to use the 8x10 paper slot to make an 8x10 print, you can use the 11X14 or 16x20 slot, this will solve one problem but create an inconvenience of having to use a ruler to align the blades (but after you do it once you can draw lines on the paper to align the blades).

I hope that helps!

Corey

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Be careful buying a used 20x24. Many are warped or achieve the same by having dried up rubber underneath. This is easy to replace and level, but you need to check for this problem.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have the 20x24. From the back and side to the knobs it's 26.5x30.5" The 26.5" would be from the column to your belly. I had a D-2 and I don't think it would have fit. If you have 14 inches or more from lens center to column, maybe. I have a big floor model Durst L 45/138S and it just fits. If you wall mount the Omega it would work for sure. The wall mount is very easy to do.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks all, helped me avoid a costly mistake.
    Neal

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yes, I have one

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonneal
    Does anyone own a Saunders 20x24 easel, and can it be used on a standard Omega D baseboard or does the column base get in the way? Any experience is appreciated. I am considering either a 16x20 or a 20x24 saunders to replace my 11x14. thanks
    neal
    Yes, one came with my Omega D5-XL Chromega enlarger. I mounted mine onto a permanent 2" thick workbench, there's no problem with the column getting in the way.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin