Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,235   Online: 1190

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 45MX, though it is currently in storage. For my last installation, I removed the baseboard channels and mounted it on a shelf which I built and attached to a concrete block wall in my basement darkroom. This allowed me greater height when I needed to make larger prints. I never had any real problem with getting the lens stage true, and the enlarger worked well.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Does anyone know if 8x10 conversions for Beseler are still made?
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    Does anyone know if 8x10 conversions for Beseler are still made?
    Mark
    Still in the catalog:

http://www.beselerphoto.com/lightsources.php

If you need one, a friend has one that is about to hit ebay. PM me.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Last year I bought a lovely blue 45 MCRX and it works perfectly with 2 lenses (135mm and 75 mm, both older Schneiders), 3 neg holders (4x5, 6x6, and 35mm), some KRST and a bunch of misc items (trays, tanks & reels, etc.) for $350 off Craig's list. You might want to check there...some great deals can be had there.

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To elaborate a bit. It certainly is true I could have purchased another enlarger for the price of the conversion. Probably should have, exceept I did not see any of the late models; maybe on ebay where sometimes (often?) sellers are not quite accurate in their descriptions (I am being quite charitable) and shipping on an enlarger can be prohibitive. As to Wisner cameras; I have read of the problems with Wisner not delivering etc., and I understand the cameras are the same as the Fred Picker Zone VI which I never much liked. At present I have an Arca, which seems a good machine; had Sinar, Technikardan and Linhof - the Arca by a small bit seems preferable to the Norma Sinar I had, and the later Sinar are either too big and heavy to go outdoors, (P etc.) or not too solid I think (F etc.) I should add that the tech rep for Beseler has always tried to be helpful, although communication is not always the best and it takes quite a bit of time. My real complaint is with the president of Beseler (the tech rep gave me his name and address) who can't be bothered to answer my letters. Enlargers are just simple projectors, and it would seem possible to make one that could be aligned and not leak light all over a darkroom. And for the money they have charged the stuff should be decently made. But it is all over now, what with the arrival of digital. I just hope the few decent suppliers (not Beseler) don't disappear!

Shooter
    35mm
    I have what I believe to be an MCRX. It's black, support struts on the rear and taper focusing bellow. It works fine for me and doesn't have any more light leak than other Beseler I have used. Two 23CII and a 67CS. I currently have the computerized dichro head on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin