Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,117   Online: 859

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Meopta Opemus Enlarger info

Hi All, I purchased a Meopta Opemus 6X6 enlarger after hearing good things about it on this and other forums. Is there someone in the U.S. that sells parts, manuals, bulbs ect. for this enlarger? I really don't know anything about this machine, I don't know what bulb it takes, or how to change lenses.
    I have made arrangements with an APUGer in Norway to purchase a negative carrier, so hope to be able to start making prints soon.
    Thanks,
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny9fingers
    Hi All, I purchased a Meopta Opemus 6X6 enlarger after hearing good things about it on this and other forums. Is there someone in the U.S. that sells parts, manuals, bulbs ect. for this enlarger? I really don't know anything about this machine, I don't know what bulb it takes, or how to change lenses.
    I have made arrangements with an APUGer in Norway to purchase a negative carrier, so hope to be able to start making prints soon.
    Thanks,
    John
    Hi John,
    I own an Opemus 6. I would highly recommend purchasing a fine focusing control adaptor (if one isn't installed already)
    Fine Focusing Control as listed on [color=#800080]http://www.meopta.co.uk/accessories.html[/color]

They make focussing much easier.

Regarding a US distributor, apparently there are 164 in the US ! Not all of them would carry photographic enlarger parts since Meopta make other things like sports optics as well.
    visit this site and select which state you live in
    http://www.meopta.com/index.php?id=5&country=57

regards
    Peter

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Peter, I've checked the U.S. distributors and they are all dealers for rifle scopes. If I can't locate what I need from APUG members I will have to look for a dealer across the pond.
    John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin