Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,325   Online: 948

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Devere 504 .. Newbie questions.

Hi,

just splashed out on a 504 with dichromat head. Lovely enlarger apart from the minor fact that I can't get the light on!

The lamp is OK, just thought I'd get that suggestion out of the way first.

The transtab makes plenty of buzzing noises and when I switch it in the fan starts and lights come on behind the filter settings windows, so it is gettingt power and the fuse is OK. When I throw the "focus" switch I don't get the main light on, neither do I get 24v inside the head. Before I start taking it all to bits, does the transtab need a timer plugged into the 8 way socket before anything works, or should the lamp come on regardless?

If this is the case does anyone have a circuit for the timer plug. Or better still a circuit diagram for a transtab?

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Perhaps this is what you are looking for? http://cgi.ebay.com/De-Vere-timer-pl...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseowl
    Hi,

just splashed out on a 504 with dichromat head. Lovely enlarger apart from the minor fact that I can't get the light on!

The transtab makes plenty of buzzing noises and when I switch it in the fan starts and lights come on behind the filter settings windows, so it is gettingt power and the fuse is OK. When I throw the "focus" switch I don't get the main light on, neither do I get 24v inside the head. Before I start taking it all to bits, does the transtab need a timer plugged into the 8 way socket before anything works, or should the lamp come on regardless?

If this is the case does anyone have a circuit for the timer plug. Or better still a circuit diagram for a transtab?

Cheers

Martin
    Hello Martin,

I have never tried to switch on the lamp without a timer plugged in but I would assume it to work. I will try mine tomorrow and let you know if you don't get a positive reply by then.

I would also like to get a circuit diagram for a transtab. There is more than one type though. I may also have details of the plug connections.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Martin,

Just tried my head with the timer removed. The focus switch turns the enlarger lamp on. Sounds like a transtab problem? I have also heard of bulb connector failure in the head (burnt).

Sorry I have not found my connector details yet.

Barry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for trying that Barry. Gives me something to work from.

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseowl
    Hi,

Cheers

Martin

Martin

I have a 504 with dichoric head. This should work without the time, however my Transstan is silent (no buzzing). I have had to replace the lamp fitting due to it overheating and the contacts (2 prongs) go brittle. The bulbs do get quite hot. Other than that all I have needed to do is replace the bulb. The wiring inside is very basic, Have you tested to see if you are getting 24v to the lamp holder?
    Maybe I have an older version than yours but my dials are lit by the lamp itself and not a seperate bulb.
    Cheers

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes I have checked for 24v at the head and sadly not a single one of the little blighters manages to get there. I do get 24v at the timer socket, my initial investigation into the tran-stab look as though it has to go through this. I'll have to look a little deeper.

There's a lot of transformer in the steel case so I'm not overly surprised at the buzzing, but it could of course indicate a short somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,

Is the transtab, the brown one with a square connector for the head?

My current transtab has a round connector but I do have a spare 'square' type (250W) which I could loan you if it would help?

Barry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson
    Martin,

Is the transtab, the brown one with a square connector for the head?

My current transtab has a round connector but I do have a spare 'square' type (250W) which I could loan you if it would help?

Barry
    Thanks, that's very generous Barry. My transtab is brown with a rectangular plug for the head. This has 8 pins, 4 for the 24v (2 each in parallel), the other 4 are for mains. 1 each for live, neutral the other 2 are earth.

I won't borrow yours just yet, but if I fail on this one I might very well take you up on the offer.

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem Martin, just PM me if you want it. I'm in North Somerset 19-23 May so not too far away.

Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin