Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,111   Online: 965

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

It's the mystery enlarger chassis challenge!

Hi, can anyone help me identify this chassis. It came "free" with my Devere, however it has no manufacturers mark or model type info of any kind. I've attached pics of the rear of the column and the neg and lens stages.

It's much the same size as a Devere 504, ie about 50" high and has many similer design characteristics. Focus and height are from handles at baseboard level, instead of the wires used in a Devere it has toothed belts for the drive. Everything appears to be independantly adjustable, feet, baseboard, lens stage and neg stage. The 2 pins on the back of the neg stage are fixed, and do not move to lift the head like those on a devere.

If there's any detail that you'd like to see a photo of then just ask.

Cheers

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails back.jpg   front.jpg  
    Last edited by wiseowl; 04-29-2006 at 04:30 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its probably just another Devere chassis of slightly different design. If it is smaller than your current enlarger then it is probably a 203, if it is the same size it is probably a 504 and if it is bigger then it is a 507. I believe that a few years ago Devere retooled some of their enlargers with alterations to the head design.

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In some ways it looks like my Durst 1000. But in other ways it's clearly different

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,

I believe this may be an enlarger sold (and designed?) by a photographic shop called George Elliot in Westerham Kent. They are now gone but were selling a De Vere 'look alike' around the time De Vere were in trouble. It looked very similar to the De Vere but had a very square head of different design.

Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looks to me like a devere.

but not quite like a devere....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like the chassis of an Advena Photographic G.E.M. 504 enlarger. It is DeVere, err, 'inspired'.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Tang
    Looks like the chassis of an Advena Photographic G.E.M. 504 enlarger. It is DeVere, err, 'inspired'.
    Yep, I think you've nailed it. I found a few photo's of said beastie on the web and it's a dead ringer.

Thanks V much

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin