Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,154   Online: 1061

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jobo expert drum on CPP without lift??

Hi !

Having a cpp-2 in the mail somewhere.. Can this handle the Expert drum 3010 without lift? If so as a cog item or using magnet drive ??

Being able to use my expert drum was the key behind the CPP purchase, but..

Best regards
    Morten
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Why don't you buy a lift?

You can equip the drums with a magnet, it's available from Jobo.

But it would be more convenient to equip the drums with the toothed wheel top and the processor with the lift.

You have to make a decision though as far as I know. You have to use either magnet drive for all drums or toothed wheel drive with the lift. Once you have the lift, you can not use the drums with the magnet any longer. That's why they sell the top covers with the toothed wheel as a spare part for the drums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Jobo can't use the expert drum, so I haven't had much reason to investigate, but I believe that the expert drum requires a lift. Last time I checked, the lifts were still available from Jobo, though expensive like all the rest of their stuff. Once in a great while a lift shows up on eBay. Somewhat more often complete units with lifts show up that have some fault, like a failed motor or heater that you might be able to get for the lift at relatively cheap cost. I wish mine had the lift, though so far, I've managed adequately without it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Per Jobo, the Lift is required for use of the Expert drums. Even if it weren't, pulling the drums off the processor to empty and refill would negate one of the key features of the Jobo system that contributes to even development, which is the ability to pour in the chemicals while the drum is rotating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Expert drums do not have the capability of attaching the magent to the base.

In fact, the base has an inner temperature jacket that is different than the regular bases, and the tops only come with the cog attachment for the lift.

If you do get the lift, make sure you have the heavy duty lift and motor, or the lift can break or the motor can burn out from strain. Jobo gave serial #s of versions that should not be used with the expert drums.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a Jobo processor but use a 3006 drum on a motor base so take this with a grain of salt. The expert drum I have doesn't have the pins normally required to attach a magnet to the bottom so some ingenuity may be required if you want to use the magnetic base. I suspect the reason Jobo suggest the lift is because it uses the cog instead. (Edit: Ron beat me to it!)

Regards,
    Roger.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You must get the lift. It makes life so much easier. There is no going back.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I remember a long time ago, the magnet was sold with a tube of glue.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin