Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,994   Posts: 1,524,269   Online: 997

Thread: Jobo Explosion

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Jobo Explosion

Tonight I did something I have never done before. I ruined two sheets of 12x20 film in a jobo. I developed the film in the 20x24 print tube. Everything went fine until I popped the top. I use the foot pump to get the top off. I did everything like I normally do, except that I put the tube on a stool when filling it with air. The seat of the stool is a cane seat and has some spring to it.

I put my hands on the top of the tube to keep it from shooting upward. When the top shot off, I ended up pushing the top down into the tube sideways. The top scratched both sheets of film. The sheets are now residing in the circular file.

Live and learn.

Allen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well, that is one thing I've yet to do. I will file that one away.

Better luck next time.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sounds like you had to apply alot of pressure to get the lid off. I have used the same drum and the 3010. I apply a few partial breaths from the foot pump and the lid gently poofs open. Maybe you are jamming the lid on too tightly or just had bad luck this time.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter
    Sounds like you had to apply alot of pressure to get the lid off. I have used the same drum and the 3010. I apply a few partial breaths from the foot pump and the lid gently poofs open. Maybe you are jamming the lid on too tightly or just had bad luck this time.
    I'm not the original poster, but I have the same problem. My older 5x7 expert drum pops off easily with a few pumps of air. My newish 8x10 expert drum needs to be pressurized to dangerous levels before it'll pop off. Both lids are put on with the same amount of pressure, namely just enough to ensure that they are seated squarely. I've been thinking of lightly polishine the inside lip of the the lid, but I'm hesitent given how much these drums cost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not just cover the cap with a bath towel which should keep it from hitting the ceiling? Or a bungee buddy which is used to hold a helmet on the back of a motorcycle instead of keeping it on your head where it should be.
    Bungee buddies can be found a most motorcycle dealers or online.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin