Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,461   Online: 1078

Shooter
    Medium Format

Possible Manual Resource Page

Looking around, there are a lot of requests for manuals and other info on enlargers and other darkroom equipment. BUT there are not a lot of easy to find resources out there. Since Jens Jensens site went down, finding a Durst manual is like finding the needle in the haystack.

I too have been running around for a very long time, getting manufacturers to dig into dusty file cabinets and send things along. Sometimes it is a huge deal to get them to do this, for the first souls anyone ever talks to says that this equipment is obsolete, and all that stuff has been thrown out, lost in a series of aquisitions, etcetera.

It also occurs to me that together, we have a tremendous amount of this info squirreled away. I have been threatening to upload some of the stuff I have come by for some time. There is also the matter of a large chunk of internet web server space that I have that can be used for a lot of this kind of material.

Together, we can get some of this repeat stuff up for others to find. Is anyone interested in helping by providing scans or PDF's of equipment manuals? I will even take photocopies and scan them to PDF myself.

This would be a no-charge to download site. PM me, or Email me directly at:

patrick.thrush@timescapeconsulting.com.

Whaddya think?
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nick_zentena/

Mine are all there. Durst is now selling manuals. I think they have an online form. So does KHB for Omega etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist
    Together, we can get some of this repeat stuff up for others to find. Is anyone interested in helping by providing scans or PDF's of equipment manuals?
    Great idea. Why not making a thread here first for that purpose only instead of asking to send and store all the info to your site or someone else's?

No offence to you, but because APUG is easier to get picked up on any online search, I think it's ideal to be located here. This is already an established community and still growing.

It's very helpful from a non-English language user's point of view.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    Great idea. Why not making a thread here first for that purpose only instead of asking to send and store all the info to your site or someone else's?

No offence to you, but because APUG is easier to get picked up on any online search, I think it's ideal to be located here. This is already an established community and still growing.

It's very helpful from a non-English language user's point of view.

A couple reasons. First, information gets far too fragmented here. Consolidation is always the best, and a single link is much easier to reference.

This is the way that camera sites work. Take a look at a few of the free resources and tell me if the various equipments could be put effectively or logically into a thread. Not.

Third, this is just a suggestion that would need a lot of help. I am not really attached to the results...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin