Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,662   Online: 830

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I should note....I live in Albuquerque New Mexico. One of the driest places on the planet. We have 3 marine shops and none of the carry supplies.
    www.westmarine.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, here is what I've done and so far, so very good.

I used an all purpose marine epoxy paste called PC-11 ($5) to fill in the minor hairline cracks. After waiting about 10 hours I sanded them down to a somewhat nice finish.

Then I used product by Klenks ($30), that is made to refinish fiberglass and plastic tubs. It is a two-part liquid epoxy. It only comes in white so now I have a green and white sink. Who cares?

I am on my second coat and it looks great. It's also smooth as butter. And yes it is chemical resistant and both items were available at Home Depot.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another option is truck bed liner. You can have it sprayed like Rhino lining, Duraliner ETC. They do a great job in several colors and can be sprayed to a smooth finish or there is a roll on version available in black at checker auto.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I should note....I live in Albuquerque New Mexico. One of the driest places on the planet. We have 3 marine shops and none of the carry supplies.
    David, I live in rural Kentucky, and it is the same issue. Lots of boats, no place for parts or repair. The internet was my savior when building my darkroom sink.

I am with the others on this. The West Epoxy or "gelcoat" system is the easiest to apply and best looking. It is also the most expensive. Lots of colors to choose from though...

Marine paint is an option, as long as it will stick. You may have to lightly sand the surface to make sure that this happens.
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, thanks everyone for the input. I will definitely remember this if I build another darkroom and sink.

For now, this one will work. Now I can move onto the walls.

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin