Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,954   Online: 988

Thread: Dead Jobo CPA 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Dead Jobo CPA 2

My processor just died! I've taken the lift unit off and removed the motor unit and taken off the cover. I can see two fuses (filament in clear glass containers), neither of which appear to have blown. There's no evidence of any thing else burnt out - no markings smell etc., it just don't go! anyone got any experience of these - any obvious things to look for?

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb
    My processor just died! I've taken the lift unit off and removed the motor unit and taken off the cover. I can see two fuses (filament in clear glass containers), neither of which appear to have blown. There's no evidence of any thing else burnt out - no markings smell etc., it just don't go! anyone got any experience of these - any obvious things to look for?
    Have you checked the thermal overload switch at the left site of the CPA. Its a small hole somewhere in the middle on the motorhouse.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, I've tried pushing it; should it be pushed when turning on, whilst turned on - how long to keep it pushed in?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try turning off the motor switch, press the overload switch and then try it again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also check those fuses with a meter, they don't always show when they are burned out.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Also check those fuses with a meter, they don't always show when they are burned out.
    Will do Gary.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I had what might have been a similar problem.

I checked the fuses with a meter and found them both good.

Then upon looking closer with a high intensity light I found that one of the fuse holders had corroded until it had separated from its base.

With a pencil iron, I soldered wires to each end of the fuse and then to the fuse holder base, and voila - back in business.

Good lick.
    Jim
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I couldn't find my meter (it's been a long while since I had to use one), so I bought replacement fuses. Still no luck, dead as a dodo.

Jim, I think yours is the next road to travel, though I'm not hopeful.

Shooter
    35mm
    does the heating function still work? I don't think it's a serious problem. If nothing is working I would look for loose wire, corroded terminal or broken trace on a circuit board. If just the motor doesn't work I would want to verify if I have power to the motor.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin