Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,530   Online: 986

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser
    20 sheets to develop and a 25yo lacks the energy/motivation to process them?!! Maybe too much time was spent on X box? I'm the middle of processing 110 rolls of 120 and 48 sheets of 4x5. I started processing last week and will finish by the end of this week. And this is right after being on the road shooting for 6 weeks without any days off. Steve, just do it! If you give in to procrastination it just gets worse.
    Gee, I don't feel so bad now. I only have 11 rolls of b/w to do and 4 sheets each of 8x10 & 5x12. I better get going soon, I got my 5x12 shipment of film from Ilford today!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a totally silly vein:
    Think of it this way ...(in my mother's voice.... ahem):

What if you get hit by a car ... and live, young man? Hmm? . .Well, actually, what if you're hanging between life and death .... laying there in your hospital bed with both legs and arms in plaster casts? You'd look up at the ceiling and think about all the joys —and regrets— of your life (and whether or not you were wearing clean underwear at the time of the accident).

Wouldn't one of the regrets in your mind be (timpani sound here, please)...[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]THOSE 20 SHEETS OF FILM YOU NEVER DEVELOPED?[/FONT][/COLOR] .

Would you think, "I should have developed that film .. I SHOULD have developed that doggone film! Or would you think, "Hey, lighten-up Mom! You'll kill me with guilt long before I ever die from this accident".

There. Now, if this doesn't motivate you ... um, I wouldn't blame you.

(sorry... it's late here)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Nisperos
    ... of your life (and whether or not you were wearing clean underwear at the time of the accident)..
    What difference does that make ? Clean or dirty pre- accident ? I can assure you they would be dirty post- accident

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    All,
    Wanted: Darkroom motivation. 25yo ISO a fire under his butt. 20 sheets to develop; been sitting for 4 days now.
    The greatest darkroom motivation is great images. If you don't have a few great images out of 20, slow down and make the next images great. Of course I've had a few rolls of 35mm waiting for a week or two in my own darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Well, the issue is that I only have so many film holders. This really hasn't been an issue before...Its not that I mind processing; its just that the call of the wild has been stronger than the call of the darkened bathroom.
    Get an empty light-tight box of sheet film and put your undeveloped film in there to free up the holders to answer your call of the wild. Once you get that call of the darkroom, the box of film will be waiting.

Chris
    (making my first attempt at home developing this weekend!)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My favorite photographer, Brett Weston, is allegedly to have once said that darkroom work is drudgery. I couldn't agree more. However, I have half a dozen prints due soon for a print exchange. However:

Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    The funny thing is, if your force yourself, you'll probably end up having to do it over anyway.
    So I didn't want to hurry.

On the other hand, they're due in a week. :o

Guess I'm more motivated than a week ago.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden
    Get an empty light-tight box of sheet film and put your undeveloped film in there to free up the holders to answer your call of the wild. Once you get that call of the darkroom, the box of film will be waiting.

Chris
    (making my first attempt at home developing this weekend!)
    Chris,
    I have done this before...Using three boxes (n-1, n, n+1). However, I usually like to keep the momentum going, and develop within 24hrs of my exposure. This is also helpful because if I didn't get the shot I wanted, I can go back while the environmental conditions are still the same and reshoot. Its just that this time...well.....hehe....
    Good luck with your first time !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [SIZE=3]SteeeeVEN! This is your mother. Get in that darkroom right now and do your work, before I spank you in front of your APUG friends![/SIZE]
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ome of my motivations is the APUG exchange programs. I hate missing deadlines so the postcard exchange and now the group print exchange is making me go in the darkroom. It's a bit like going to the gym. It's hard to get motivated sometimes but once you're there you start to enjoy it.

OTOH I agree with Blansky that if you walk in the darkroom and think "I can't be arsed" then it's better to leave it. For most of us it's a hobby and should be enjoyable rather than a drudge.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Gee, I don't feel so bad now. I only have 11 rolls of b/w to do and 4 sheets each of 8x10 & 5x12. I better get going soon, I got my 5x12 shipment of film from Ilford today!
    See someone else has the same problems :-)

Just realised I have a load of 10x8's to do, thought it was just the four in dark-slides then found a box of 20+, and a missing roll of 120 ! A third of the way into the 10x8's as I write this. Back to work . . .

Ian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin