Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,053   Online: 785

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My motivation comes from the fact that I've never created prints using an enlarger before. After a recent shopping spree on that auction site, I've got everything set up, a copy of Ilfords "Making your first black and white print", and two rolls of negatives. I'm just about to start once I've had lunch.

Wish me luck!

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    [SIZE=3]SteeeeVEN! This is your mother. Get in that darkroom right now and do your work, before I spank you in front of your APUG friends![/SIZE]
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    I think many APUG'ers would rather enjoy that sight to be honest with you.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good for you. A few hours after you posted I should ask how you got on ?

I've been using film for over 40 years, and printing my own negs, the buzz and highs you get from producing great negs and prints is amazing way above anything else . . . .

And thats speaking of today when I remembered all the images I'd made last September but not seen. Now all processed and the first printed !

Learning to print is a steep learning curve, don't be afraid to ask for help & advice.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Good for you. A few hours after you posted I should ask how you got on ?

I've been using film for over 40 years, and printing my own negs, the buzz and highs you get from producing great negs and prints is amazing way above anything else . . . .

And thats speaking of today when I remembered all the images I'd made last September but not seen. Now all processed and the first printed !

Learning to print is a steep learning curve, don't be afraid to ask for help & advice.

Ian
    It was a fun afternoon! I made about 20 prints in total, at this stage just trying to experiment and record what I did to learn from it rather than concentrate on getting one or two images to perfection. To my surprise 3 prints turned out very well. I'm really pleased with them, although no doubt my opinion of what constitutes a good result will change as I gain experience ;-)

I will have many questions, this evening is going to be a bit of a post-mortem comparing prints and notes so I can work out what I need to learn more about.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    See someone else has the same problems :-)

Just realised I have a load of 10x8's to do, thought it was just the four in dark-slides then found a box of 20+, and a missing roll of 120 ! A third of the way into the 10x8's as I write this. Back to work . . .

Ian
    Yup! I did finish the 8x10 b/w and the 5x12's this weekend. I am determined that I will take the 8x10 E6 to the lab today along with a bunch of color stuff that has been waiting for a while to be developed for some reason. :o I will be needing my 8x10 holders in the next few weeks for a workshop, so now is the time to get it done.

I even managed to make a couple of prints last night.
    Diane

Halak 41

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

I love the smell of selenium in the morning

Haven't made any prints for.....WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long. New darkroom being built and I'd rather have a good session in there than a month in a sunkissed tropical paradise with Cameron Diaz .......How soon is now?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin