Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,544   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I think you have loose connection rather than a problem with you incoming power. Can the enlarger be used without the stabilizer you have now? If yes then try it without the stabilizer. Bad stabilizer can cause the problem.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd certainly back the suggestion to check all connections. Most UPS units should stabilize the power enough to stop the kind of thing you are experiencing.

If I were nearer Sarajevo (or CAPAJEBO, as the English wife of a Sarajevan acquaintance misread the Cyrillic road-signs) I'd give you a stabilizing transformer; I think I have an old Durst one around somewhere, though it may have got lost in the last 2-3 moves. Check other old pro labs to see if anyone has one.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chan, Roger, and all, thank you.

Chan, you were right to the point. It was not transformer or power stability problem. From lowering and raising of enlarger head (or some uncarefull pulling of cable), cable which connect transformer to the ceramic bulb carrier lost connection, in fact connection was left only on small part of cable, rest of cable was torn. So, that not only make power problems, but also make very high temperature (who knows elecric and physics, knows that smaller cable means bigger resistance to the electric power, and byprodoct of electric resistance is high temperature on cable and connection. Only surprise for me was that 12V can produce such high temperature...) which melted plasic housning in which cable has connection to ceramic bulb housing. Luckilly for me I know how to repar that (in highschool my hobby was electronic, you know making receivers, amplifiers and such so now everything is in order. I only kick myself in a.. for not thinking about connectors at first place, considering my highschool hobby... That shuld be first thing to think about...

So, thank you all again for suggestions and help.

Ragards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin