Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,500   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Get big hammer
    Smash timer
    Buy new timer
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, but the set screw on the main knob is as tight as ... (fill in the apparopriate example). Methinks I really have to take the metal cover off to get into the guys of this beast; and although I could start prying with a screwdriver, I would much rather be guided by the counsel and good talent on this board. Once again, I need some DETAILED advice on exactly how to take a Gra-Lab apart.

No matter how much work it is, traditional photography - especially B&W photography - is way better than digital!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fromero View Post
    Sorry, but the set screw on the main knob is as tight as ... (fill in the apparopriate example). Methinks I really have to take the metal cover off to get into the guys of this beast; and although I could start prying with a screwdriver, I would much rather be guided by the counsel and good talent on this board. Once again, I need some DETAILED advice on exactly how to take a Gra-Lab apart.

No matter how much work it is, traditional photography - especially B&W photography - is way better than digital!
    Hi, just take out all the screws/plastic rivets on the and the back cover will come out. No need to remove switch or other stuff. (But the hands on the clock and knob can be taken apart from the front side without disassembly of case.)

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fromero View Post
    The set screw may be tight, but it is tight in the wrong place, namely not at 12:00 on the clock face. Loosen the set screw until the knob turns freely, then turn it to the 12:00 position, and tighten it again. I'm assuming you are speaking of the second hand, which has a set screw in the knob. The minute hand is separate (of course) and has a set screw underneath the knob. All of this is on the front of the face, and you do not need to open the box to adjust it.
    If you need to replace switches or other interior parts, then you would need to open the box.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    All of the toggle switch wiring connections were soldered on mine, so the longest part of the process was de-soldering and re-soldering everything back together.
    A good tip here if all the wires are different colours is to cut the wires off of the old switch leaving just enough coloured insulation on the old switch so you can see which contacts the wires went to.

Stripping the cable and making a new joint to the new switch is usually neater and easier than trying to de-solder the wire from the old contacts.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm

GraLab Timer Parts

Does anyone have a GraLab Timer they'd sell for parts? I need a buzzer for mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pete,
    You should have outbid Andrew at the auction. He got that box of (I think it was) 6 GraLab timers for $25! I've got a spare if you need it while figuring out what to do with yours. It'll cost you another mythical beer, however.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    pop rivets will put the timer back together perfectly or a set of small bolts with nuts to secure the time halves.

you should be able to have it complete in about an hour.

lee\c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin