Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,419   Online: 733

Shooter
    Multi Format

Filters for a Durst M605

After a 2 year hiatus from the darkroom I will finally reenter "The Wet Side" this weekend. Can't waite!
    Just thinking about the type of filtration I used in the past. My standard routine is to mount Kodak multi-grade filters "under the lens". Am I loosing anything by not purchasing a set of filters to mount "above" the lens?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The below-the-lens filters work, but their condition can have a dramatic effect on the quality of the image. Using filters that fit above the negative will enable you to get the full quality from the neg and the lens.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you keep the below-the-lens filters clean and scratch-free, you won't see the difference. The are actually better fort split-grade printing or filtration changes, because they can be changed with less 'disturbance' to the setup.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just make sure they're clean! Personally I use above lens filtration, even for split-grade techniques. BTW, good to see you here on APUG Ralph. Really enjoyed your collaboration with Chris Woodhouse in ' Way beyond monochrome'. Regards, Blighty
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the kind words. Chris and I aim to please and succeed occasionally.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin