Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,604   Online: 817

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Super CHEAP JOBO in WV

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there is a JOBO 2300 going for $35 (my bid) on the GSA.gov website. This is the $8000 processor. Look in "Photographic Equipment" then in the West Virginia section. Auction ends Thursday 6PM CDT!

I'm not bidding any higher. I'd love to have it, but I don't feel like dealing with getting it home right now. All I ask for the heads up is for you to run some 70mm and 127 C41 through it for me on occassion.

I won a really nice $5 Beseler 45MCRX with lenses, easels and a bunch of other stuff last year on this same site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you have a place with water, and power for it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this a site open to international bidders?

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    I am almost certain the 2300 runs on 110 as well as 230v - your choice. While it tempers the water for temperature control of the processing stages, it requires a seperate source of water for the rinse - which has to be adjusted by external means. This is to the best of my knowledge, but I know that the Jobo web site goes into very extensive detail on "installation requirements".

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there is a JOBO 2300 going for $35 (my bid) on the GSA.gov website. This is the $8000 processor. Look in "Photographic Equipment" then in the West Virginia section. Auction ends Thursday 6PM CDT!

I'm not bidding any higher. I'd love to have it, but I don't feel like dealing with getting it home right now. All I ask for the heads up is for you to run some 70mm and 127 C41 through it for me on occassion.

I won a really nice $5 Beseler 45MCRX with lenses, easels and a bunch of other stuff last year on this same site.
    Ah, I am within a day's drive to this; tempting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    I'm pretty handy, so I can always plumb or wire what I need. What I don't have right now is the TIME! My darkroom is in the basement right next to the water, gas, breaker panel, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In case anyone was going to bid on this, I misstated when I said my max bid was $35. I looked back at it and my max was actually $45.

Anyway, since no one else has bid on it, I'm already making room in the garage! At the rate C41 and E6 labs are closing their doors lately, this may be just the thing that allows me to keep doing color in formats other than 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Battle Star has docked...

Quote Originally Posted by pandino
    In case anyone was going to bid on this, I misstated when I said my max bid was $35. I looked back at it and my max was actually $45.

Anyway, since no one else has bid on it, I'm already making room in the garage! At the rate C41 and E6 labs are closing their doors lately, this may be just the thing that allows me to keep doing color in formats other than 35mm.

Well, after coming to an arrangement with Pandino, a friend and I made the 8 odd-hour round trip from Dayton to Morgantown, WV and picked up this machine in my wife's trusty white Taurus Wagon dubbed, "The Battle Star".

After some nasty misdirection from a Yahoo Map in the final 10 miles, we eased our way into the US Energy Site and picked up not only the Jobo ATL 2300, but also a Chromega D-5 XL enlarger and Bogen copy stand in a lot I had bid on and won during the same auction.

Now, looking at the photographs below, do you think Pandino and I got took after spending $35 dollars for each lot?

Sure, gas and eats cost an additional $70 or so dollars, but somehow, I think it worth it!

Now, wonder what I'll be doing for the next few weeks?

Wahoo! Thanks Pandino! Lets roll on some chromes and color neg!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jobo2300labwide.jpg   Jobo2300side.jpg   Jobo2300accessories.jpg   ChromegaD-2.jpg   ChromegaD-1.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good job, guys! It's great to see this wonderful equipment stay in service!
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heckuva deal, I'm tickled pink. Best $35 I've ever spent!

It looks in even better shape than I had hoped for and even has all the stuff to crank it up.

Thanks for picking it up and giving it a warm, loving home, Kino.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin