Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,353   Online: 1051

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rodagon 150mm enlarging lens wopn't fit into Devere lens panel

Hi,

I have a Rodagon 150mm f5.6 enlarging lens (S/N 8 803 603) that I recently bought second-hand. I've just received a lens panel from Odyssey Sales. The lens doesn't fit! The hole looks like it's the same size and the thread engage and the whole shebang locks solid after a 1/4 turn. Closer inspection revealed that the thread pitch on the lens is finer than that on the lens board.

Has anyone else ever experienced a problem like this?
    Did Rodenstock change the specification of their lenses and thus change the lens mount thread pitch at some point in the dim and distant past?
    Why do you always find these things out at weekends when everyone is closed?
    The reason that I ask is that lens appears to be quite old, compared to the pictures on the Linos and Odyssey sites.

I will be firing off an email to Odyssey to see what they have to say!

Any advice, or thoughts gratefully receieved.

Cheers
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark,

I've got a Rodagon 150mm f5.6 enlarging lens (S/N 11133508 - don't know whether this is older or more recent - but it looks very new) mounted in a de vere 50mm thread lens mount. Have had no problems - my other lenses use the 39mm leica thread.

regards

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Paul,

I think yours is quite a bit newer than mine. They changed the styling of the lens at some point.

Cheers
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pope
    .....Has anyone else ever experienced a problem like this?.....
    I had a Schneider 300mm Componon with a 77 x 0.75 thread and the standard lensboard was 77 x 1.0. I could not find the right lensboard and had to have one drilled. For your Rodenstock, the current 150mm Rodagon should have a 50 x 0.75 thread.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info Eric. Odyssey are sending another board to me, so hopefully, it will fit. If it doesn't I'll have to consider my options.

Cheers
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin