Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,345   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford 500S up in smoke... :-(

Anyone know where I might get a 500S power supply (for Ilford 500H head) mended in the UK? Mine has gone up in puff of smoke.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One guy who might help (semi-retired electronics technician who has worked for major UK companies) is:

Brian Chapman
    211 Chart Downs
    Dorking
    Surrey RH5 4DD

Tel. 01306 888382

He has done a good job on my elderly studio flashheads, I assume he can fix timers as well! A strong point of his is that he is willing and able to work on older gear.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by keeds
    Anyone know where I might get a 500S power supply (for Ilford 500H head) mended in the UK? Mine has gone up in puff of smoke.
    I needed help with the conversion of a Colourstar 3000 analyser to allow it to run on a Durst enlarger as opposed to a Devere which is what it had been set up for and Nova Darkroom put me onto a company called Lightwave which it has used for a number of electrical jobs.

The guy there is very helpful and gave me advice on how I could do the conversion myself so he wasn't looking to capitalise on my ignorance and isn't looking for a "quick buck". Companies like that deserve our business.

I can't say he can handle your job but he's worth a try.

The number is 01959 570281

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your help. I've sent it off to Odyssey to see if they can fix it...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A used 500S just appeared on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. Shame it's in the States. They weigh about 12kg, so I hate to think what the shipping would cost. I haven't heard if my unit is repairable so I may have to plum for this one anyway!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin