Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,536   Posts: 1,645,928   Online: 1145

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler 45s and Beseler Universal 45

How many out there have a Beseler color head; that works? Where did the controllers crawl of to? Is there color head that for the Beseler 45 that is reliable and doesn't cost a BMW to buy?

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got an older one perched on top of my CB-7. I say perched because technically it needs some sort of adapter for my enlarger. I made a shim out of cardboard. Works fine. No fancy computer controls. Just bulb and filters. Don't remember the model name right now. Isn't the current model also not computer controlled?

Shooter
    35mm
    Currently there are 2 heads available for the beseler 45. The good old 45s which is just bulb and filter. I believe Nick has this one. The Universal 45 has 3 bulbs and requires a controller to go with it. You can get either a VC or a color controller. I am not familiar with this head.
    I have what is called "color computer head" which very much the same as the 45s but the filter values are measured by the sensors in the mixing chamber and displayed in digital form with LED. I like this one very much, as the filter values will change with bulb aging and very consistent.
    There was also the Minolta/Beseler 45A, which used repeating strobes with 4 flash bulbs. I heard that this one is very troublesome.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have one in use but it is the old version , it must be over 20 years old and works great.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't have a Beseler 45, but got a 23CII with a 30+ year old DGA dichro colour head.
    Works well, though it seems not to be as efficient like the later dichro colour heads. The 300W halogen lamp's output doesn't seem to be fully utilised- a lot is lost in the filters/mixing chamber.

Jay

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a Dichro 45S and it works very well. Almost too bright for my VC B&W printing though. Extremely reliable for years. The Universal would be nice but they are very expensive and I am not sure if you could easily rig one up to an RH Designs timer to which I am addicted.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format

Beseler Dichro 45 color computer head and D.A.T.A. Module

I have a Beseler Dichro 45 color computer head and a Beseler D.A.T.A. module. The color head works fine with a regular darkroom timer, but not with the D.A.T.A. module. I found out that if you use the D.A.T.A. module with the Dichro 45 color head you need to replace one of the integrated circuit modules (IC6) inside the head with a new pre-programmed piggyback IC6 module. Of course Beseler doesn't sell these anymore and no one has any laying around. I also found out that the module is a Mostek 3870 and the manufacturer went out of business in 1985. Even if I could find the right part it would be useless because it's an EPROM that needs to be programmed first before it will communicate with the D.A.T.A. module. It's simple to program one of these if you have one you can copy from. If not you are pretty much dead in thewater and the D.A.T.A module is useless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I decided to put on a 5X7 cold light head and not use any of the Beseler heads I have. I bought a 5X7 Aristo Cold Light Head for $75 and and have a 210mm and a 180mm Schneider enlarging lens so the rest is easy. I wanted to go to 5x7 enlarging anyway.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you just place the head on the enlarger? I'm guessing it was more complicated then that. Anybody do the same with the Aristo 810 head?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The head has to be adapted higher than that of a regular 4x5 head. There has to be a film holder under the light and as close to the light as possible like all cold light heads. I have an 8X10 Aristo cold light head also but no holder or adapter. I thought of going to 8X10 as I have a Schneider 360mm, huge lens, but decided that 5X7 was big enough.

Curt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin