Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,149   Online: 861

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Really, REALLY need Help w/ Colorstar 3000

My beloved ColorStar 3000 has died!!! On trying to turn it on, I get the dreaded "E ..." and NOTHING!

Realizing that all of JOBO's activities have been taken over by Omega-Satter, I contactd them, and after a being bouncing all over their answering system, and a few conversations with a human being, the last answer is, "We don't repair ANYTHING here - we are only a Distribution Company. The ColorStar woud have to go back to the Netherlands - and they only have one tech who works on those. We e-malied them last week, and they have not responded yet." - All with a significant lack of enthusiasm. I asked them for any information about the other analyzers now or formerly suggested on their web site... "No, we don't have anything about those."
    The best I could do would be to go to one of Omega's Dealers - "We don't sell anything directly" and order one.... (~ US$ 1400) or, rather try to convince one of their dealers to order one. "Anything else I could do? Any independent repair services you could suggest?" resulted in an immediate deep freeze.

So, Omega is of NO help.

I e-mailed S. K. Grimes - waiting for a reply.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions for a repair outfit wiling to work on this puppy? I would be eternally grateful for any help/ direction... and the Karma rewards would be immense!!

We had another bit of trouble here in Ipswich, Mass. Recent torrential rains damaged four (4) of the five (5) bridges over the Ipswich River, forcing their closure - effectivley splitting the town in two, held together, barely, with only miserably difficult vehicular traffic.

To me ... hah! .. nothing, compared to the loss of my ColorStar.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ed Sorry to hear of this is disaster.This is probably not much use to you as you are the opposite side of the Atlantic but there is certainly one company in the UK who deal or did deal with the Colourstar 3000. It is called Odyssey. It's UK number is 01273 676768. The other company who has done repair work on 3000s for Nova Darkroom who used to sell new 3000s is Lightwave. I spoke to the guy at Lightwave about converting my 3000 to work witha Durst. it had been set up to plug into a Devere andI found him particularly helpful.

It's number is 01959 570281. In both cases you'll need the international dialling code for the UK. Sorry I don't have an email or web address for either.

I had been told that the original company in the Netherlands had gone out of business. Had I known that I might have thought twice about getting one. However your post suggests that there is still someone there.

Best of Luck

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't want to know the lengths I went trying to get an answer from anybody at Lici. I've heard of one person that actually dealt with them lately. I think they did it to just prove me wrong. It would be great if somebody in Europe went by and knocked on the door :rolleyes:

Odessey in the UK was willing to send the unit out to be fixed but I guess that's not any better then Omega sending it back. I ended up getting a second unit off Ebay. A lot cheaper then any other option I could find.

KHB was willing to look at it but had no diagrams etc. They are an Omega repair site at least for the enlargers. But like I said I don't think they've ever worked on a colorstar.

Omega has been handling the Colorstars even before they took over from Jobo. You'd figure they'd be better then this.

DKT

hey ed--I got rid of one of those a couple of months ago in a spring cleaning frenzy-- but I'm 99% sure that it's still at the store I traded it at. If you decide to find another one, check with these guys:

http://www.peacecamera.com/

good luck all the same

KT
    Last edited by DKT; 06-09-2006 at 07:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The Colorstar 3000 by Lici was also distributed by Jobo, who later made the ColorLine 5000, which was produced by Jobo in Germany. I assume there are service options from Jobo for the Colorstar. I might call Jobo in Germany asking for service availability if you want to.

SK Grimes is probably not a good idea, they are mostly a machine shop, afaik.

What does that mean, you get "the dreaded E"?

A parcel to Europe might not be that expensive (try USPS), and you will probably work around any customs trouble by labeling it as defective equipment intended for repair.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    The Colorstar 3000 by Lici was also distributed by Jobo, who later made the ColorLine 5000, which was produced by Jobo in Germany. I assume there are service options from Jobo for the Colorstar. I might call Jobo in Germany asking for service availability if you want to.

What does that mean, you get "the dreaded E"?

A parcel to Europe might not be that expensive (try USPS), and you will probably work around any customs trouble by labeling it as defective equipment intended for repair.
    I would be *deeply* indebted to you if you could contact JOBO directly. I *loved* the ColorStar 3000, but the later "ColorLine 5000 - 7000 (?)" models were of great interest as well.
    I can't get any information from Omega about the "later" JOBO analyzers. Nothing ...

"The dreaded E ..." indicates a massive system error. I can't tell whether the Central unit itself, or the probe is defective.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    OK, I'll call them, but not before Monday of course.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    OK, I'll call them, but not before Monday of course.
    Thank You! Danke!! Merci!!! Tack sa mycket!! Kiitos- kiitos paljon!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is all over an analyzer? Are you using it for color or B&W?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin