Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,787   Online: 952

Thread: LPL D6700

Shooter
    Medium Format

LPL D6700

Hey

I'm about to buy a new old stock Saunders / LPL 6700 which comes with the contents of it's two original boxes:

-Color head
    -Lamp
    -Bellows / Negative stage assembly
    -Carriage
    -Baseboard
    -Column

So other than that I need the appropriate lenses and negative carriers (35mm and 6x6), but is there anything else I need? It doesn't seem to come with a power supply? Is it even worth my while or do you think its a better idea to hold out for a used one that comes with more accessories? I'm paying about $150-$175 for it and its semi-local so theres no shipping but I'm kinda concerned about tracking down the rest of the parts I need. I don't really wanna pay that much for an enlarger than buy new negative carriers from b&h for $50 a piece.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It doesn't look like a bad deal to me, but I am not an expert on this model enlarger. The power supply on these enlargers is separate from the head I believe, but I could be mistaken.

Things are pretty slow here on Sunday (US time), but you should get more responses later or tomorrow.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an LPL 6700 which I got for free (a very good price). I got it from my father who got it from someone who moved to England from Canada.
    Mine has the colour head but does not have a separate power supply. It just has a US style two pin plug for 110 - 120 volts AC. The fact that I am in England means that I have to use it with a 230 - 110 volt step down transformer. It has an 82 volt 85 watt bulb so there must be a power supply in the head itself to reduce the voltage

Mine came with just a 35mm negative carrier and when I found the price of carriers here in England I decided to make my own using the CNC router we have at work. I think the carriers (like most things) would be cheaper in the US than they are here. We tend to pay the same in pounds as the US price in dollars - so almost twice the price.
    I think there is also a universal holder (with anti-newton glass) for this enlarger which may be another option.

I managed to get a Schneider Componon lens for next to nothing on e-b** a couple of years ago and I have been very happy with this setup for black and white using multigrade paper. I have not used it for colour and probably never will.

Steve Smith.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas
    Hey

I'm about to buy a new old stock Saunders / LPL 6700 which comes with the contents of it's two original boxes:

-Color head
    -Lamp
    -Bellows / Negative stage assembly
    -Carriage
    -Baseboard
    -Column

So other than that I need the appropriate lenses and negative carriers (35mm and 6x6), but is there anything else I need? It doesn't seem to come with a power supply? Is it even worth my while or do you think its a better idea to hold out for a used one that comes with more accessories? I'm paying about $150-$175 for it and its semi-local so theres no shipping but I'm kinda concerned about tracking down the rest of the parts I need. I don't really wanna pay that much for an enlarger than buy new negative carriers from b&h for $50 a piece.
    I still have a LPL VC6700 being sold in Japan, which is where I live. All I know is that the 6700 series models don't come with any extra power supply. Not that I know of.

If you need to covert the voltage, get a voltage converter. But that's more costly than buying a new neg carrier. If you need a voltage stabilizer, there isn't any made by the manufacturer for the 6600/6700 series models.

However the upper series models do come with the voltage stabilizer (or at least it's an option). So, do more research on your part and check with your local dealers/suppliers to be sure.

Besides the enlarger, what you really need to invest is a very stable work-table to put the enlarger on. Save your energy for that, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the info. Still not sure if I'll hold out, its kinda appealing because it has never been used but I may just keep looking for something that comes with everything.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    i think that the first thing to do is find out for yourself what your max. size will be in the future. If you think that you maybe will buy a 4x5 camera after some years, i would buy it now because the prices are low, and i thing in some time they will start to rize....

After that find the enlarger that fit's your wallet. I would not try to find the least expensive one, but i would find one that will satisfy you for now and after 10 years.... (i bought a lpl 7451 with color head)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin