Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,116   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Multi Format

Omega D5XL parts?

Anyone know of an online catalog of replacement parts for a Chromega D Dichroic II head on a D5XL or a rebuilder who might have used parts?

I need the plastic drive gears on the column and a cyan dichro filter for the Super Chromega D Dichroic II head (totally gone) to start with. I found the yellow filter out of the holder and laying inside the fan, but no sign of the cyan filter.

Any clue as to what kind of glue is used to hold the dichroics in the holders?

I found a seller on Ebay who has the replacement foam rubber pad on the color head, but no one who sells the dichroic filters.

I know I should probably buy a matched replacement set, but from where?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...
    Last edited by Kino; 06-14-2006 at 04:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try KHB Photographix, they have everything you will need for your enlarger.

www.khbphotografix.com

(905) 670-5166
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I got a complete set of dichroic filters from Harry Taylor at www.classic-enlargers.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for the tips! Turns out the best deals (so far) are at Classic Enlargers and Harry Taylor, but to be fair, I haven't contacted everyone suggested so far.

Irony is that I can probably buy a fully functional D5XL chassis with Super Dichroic head cheaper than replacing just the three dichroic filters, so I am going to try finding one on that auction site first.

Thanks again for all the helpful tips.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    Thanks everyone for the tips! Turns out the best deals (so far) are at Classic Enlargers and Harry Taylor, but to be fair, I haven't contacted everyone suggested so far.

Irony is that I can probably buy a fully functional D5XL chassis with Super Dichroic head cheaper than replacing just the three dichroic filters, so I am going to try finding one on that auction site first.

Thanks again for all the helpful tips.
    If it is the filters that you are looking for I would want to inspect the head closely. It is not uncommon in used heads to find them cracked or missing from the intense heat.
    Celac.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pelerin
    If it is the filters that you are looking for I would want to inspect the head closely. It is not uncommon in used heads to find them cracked or missing from the intense heat.
    Celac.
    Celac,

Thanks for the tip. I have now totally disassembled the head to clean and assess the situation.

It now appears that I need a lamp socket and all the foam light baffles replaced in addition to the Cyan dichroic filter and the column lift gears; other than that, it appears to be in pretty good condition.

Boy was there a TON of very find dust in the head! Still coughing from blowing it out with compressed air!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin