Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,582   Posts: 1,622,144   Online: 687

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Well who would have thought it

As the unhappy owner of a Durst L1200 with multigraph head I posted a message asking if anyone wanted to swap the multigraph head for a VLS head or Ilford module.

As I expected I heard nothing, nada, bugger all. Then suddenly, quite out of the blue, this charming chap drops me an email offering to swap his VLS head for mine. I nearly choked on my Wallmart pasta bake when I read it.

It gets better. By shear good luck the owner was coming over to the UK and brings the enlarger with him. After a rather warm evening (it was 30 deg C in my darkroom) disassembling and re-assembling our respective enlargers I am now the proud (and very happy) owner of a Laborator L1200 with VLS 500 head.

Deep joy!!!!

Michael, many many thanks.
    Last edited by Adrian Twiss; 06-14-2006 at 07:20 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: corrections

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adrian

Yes, we saw it in the back of his car, ready to deliver on the Ilford factory tour. Did he show you the panoramic motorised monster too?

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure did. What an amazing piece of kit. He even demonstrated it outside my house. He has a negative of me grinning like an idiot in two places at once.

I must admit I was initially quite surprised that he brought the whole enlarger with him but as they are different colours I understand why he did. Condition wise there was nothing to separate them.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Adrian,

glad you like it.

The trip was real fun. Visiting the Ilford factory, then getting a Multigraph, after that a weekend in the Lake District (where I shot about 40 rolls of 220 film.)

It's a VLS 501 head by the way.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Did he show you the panoramic motorised monster too?
    That's not a monster! I can hold it in my hand (though not for shooting.)
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You have WalMarts in England? I thought that was only inflicted on we barbarous colonists!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto
    You have WalMarts in England? I thought that was only inflicted on we barbarous colonists!
    Sort of.... WalMart bought out a UK supermarket chain a couple of years back: Asda - one of the smaller chains. I've never been in one but I guess they may sell Walmart branded stuff in them now even though they are still called "Asda".

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin