Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,995   Online: 678

Shooter
    Multi Format

Collection chemistry from a Jobo ATL 1500

Hi, I've just brought home a nice Jobo ATL 1500 processor.
    Before I used a CPE-2 processor and I poured chemicals back and forth from the bottles to the tank. But what now with the new autolab? I reuse chemicals, such as fixer and sometimes developer too (if it is particularly strong). Not speaking that I might start develop color as well and of course I'd like to reuse chemistry.

I've read a small Jobo manual, but so far it's not too clear to me how the machine operates. I didn't try it yet because I've still to attach it to the water source. I'll do that maybe this weekend.

Let's suppose I'm using a three bath development. I fill the first three bottles with the required amount of chemicals and selet the right program. I understand how program works, so let's skip this part. The machine starts to pour developer (bottle 1) in the tank. What happens to that chemistry? How I get it back? The same question applies for bottle 2 and 3 (stop bath and fixer). There are two large hoses on the back of the machine. According to the manual one is for "solution" (??) and one for water... Does it mean that the whole chemicals go out from the same hose??? T hope not, that's silly... There are also three small plugs on the back of the machine, named 1, 2 and 4, but the manual didn't mention them... What are they for?

thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never used a 1500, only a 2500 which I believe is much the same only much bigger. There is some mention in the documentation about collecting the used chemistry. Note that this processor requires tempered water source for the rinse steps - critical if you process color. The darkroom (not mine) where I did some processing on the 2500 had a manual mixing valve for the water source - works fine as long as nobody turns on a faucet elsewhere in the house during processing. When some E-6 was ruined by that event (both mine and his) I gently inquired why he has a $15,000 processor and not spend $200 more than he did for an automatic mixing valve. He will of course now consider the $500 cost to upgrade.

Anyway, there is some archived documentation at the Omegasatter site:

http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/instr...tl-1500_00.htm

And here is the mixing valve I use in my darkroom (even though I only use a CPP):

http://www.hassmfg.com/cgi/search.pl...&Submit=search

Good luck with your processor.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, USA meets Italy today in World Cup - what are the chances???
    I would, of course like to see the US team actually win a game - since they have never beaten Italy if I were betting I think I know where I would put my money. Viva Italia?

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin