Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 710

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

God !@&@!#$ Drum

So I get the e-6 dev, color, bleach, stab etc into a bath tray to stick it in the tub and let them warm up over running water in the mean time i'm getting ready to prewash a single roll of 120 in a unicolor drum for the first time, put 200ml of water in, 200ml water leaks right back out, and I'm thinking god dammit, I knew he said it might drip a lil cuz they all do, but not lose almost its entire content when setting it on it's side.

Not to mention I run out of hot water in no more than 4 minutes, so now I got no hot water, and a wet roll of film still in the drum, that I cant do anything with.

-Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What did you do?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clarify what you mean.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Marko was assuming you have solved your problem...

Only thing I can think of as your drum is unusable is to remove the film, dry it and put it in a changing bag or similar light-tight place once it is dry. I've no idea if it will dry without a problem though I can't think of any reason why not - only snag of course is that it will have to dry in the dark. Possibly you can leave it on the developing reel to dry in the tank.

Alternately, if you have another drum you can use, then boil some water and mix with cold in the largest bowl you can find to get the correct temperature.

Good luck, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Unicolor drums leak to varying extents, depending on the condition of the gasket that should run around the edge of the inside of the cap. Does your cap have a gasket? If so, is it lying flat, or does it bulge in one or more spots? If it doesn't lie flat, you may need to replace it.

Also, you must make sure the cap is really closed. This usually requires quite a bit of effort, and you can tell when it's "snapped" shut. If the feet of the drum are not perfectly aligned, then the cap is not closed.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The guy who gave me the drum, confirms that he accidently gave me one with the cracked tube. I got another one that hardly leaks at all ( it only started to drip a few ml near the end in the fixer process, but not enough to be a problem at all ).

I also got a bunch of spare rings now.

Now to see if I can find instructions to tell me how many
    ml per
    -35mm Reel
    -120mm reel
    -220mm reel.

And how many ml for the Print drum I got now ( which can do upto two 5x7 ).
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244
    The guy who gave me the drum, confirms that he accidently gave me one with the cracked tube.
    I'd shoot the m0ther f*@#er.

Of course I do things by hand so I would put myself in that situation to begin with :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LoL why shoot him, he gave me the drum, roller, bunch of reels, etc free. Least he had a spare one lol.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244
    And how many ml for the Print drum I got now ( which can do upto two 5x7 ).
    I use 400 ml of solution for the 8x10 print drum. You could probably get away with a bit less, but 400 is definitely enough to get the job done.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't know about the roll film processing drum but there are 2 types of unicolor print drums and the ones with the gasket leak. I use the other type and get no leaks whatsoever. I've also run bw 4x5 and 8x10 film in the tubes with 300ml of chems without any problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin