Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,807   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    Thank you Simon, I know that Ilford makes 15cm filters, the problem is that the 45MX filter drawer has the following dimensions: the opening is 15.7x15.5 cm and the size of the filter needs to be 5-6mm larger in order to hold in the drawer.... :-( this leaves some milimeters exposed from each side and will make the 15.2cm filter drop and fall on the negative.

If only you made them 1cm bigger...
    George,

I had the same problem for my Omega DII but I bought the Ilford 15cm filter set.

I made a cardboard holder for the filters that I put into the filter slot so they can't fall down. It also protects your filters from being scratched.
    Just wach for vignetting.

The 0 and V are permanently fitted in a cardboard holder for splitgrade printing, the others go in a sleeve so I can change them quick.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    Thank you Simon, I know that Ilford makes 15cm filters, the problem is that the 45MX filter drawer has the following dimensions: the opening is 15.7x15.5 cm and the size of the filter needs to be 5-6mm larger in order to hold in the drawer.... :-( this leaves some milimeters exposed from each side and will make the 15.2cm filter drop and fall on the negative.
    Go to the glass shop and buy some plain glass the right size. Put an edge around it. Duct tape? The put that in the filter slot. Place the filter on the glass sheet. You don't want to know how big the filter drawer is on my Beseler :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Which Beseler do you own, Nick ?

I thought about finding a way to make the smaller gelatins hold in the drawer, but it will still leave a part of the opening exposed to unfltered light. Or, as my Flemish friend suggested, I can make a frame that is smaller than the drawer and fit the filters in, if it won't result in vignetting the light coming from the lamp.

Paul you're right, the 45MX filter drawer is between the condensors. Do, if the filter falls from the drawer it will not go too far, but this is no reason to let it fall...

Finally, I will have to order the Ilford set from somewhere on the internet, because the Greek importer will never bother bringing it for me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a CB-7 that takes 7"x7" filters. I think Beseler at one point sold a filter holder that held the filters in place. Odds are they did the same thing for your enlarger. At least I doubt it needs anything bigger then 6"x6" filters. Even if you're printing a 4x5 negative a 6x6 filter is at least 1" bigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin