Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,365   Online: 1064

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is what I don't get in first place. With Jobo reels there is plastic separator for 2 120 films, and separator is normally attached on outside side of reel in it attachment hole. But, how the h... someone knows when first film is in position in reel that allow separator to be placed on reel, and to allow to load second film... So, being stupid, I load films in separate reels...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can feel when loading the first 120 roll film when it's on the end and also then you push the red clip in the reel and load the second 120 roll film in the reel. Not really a big deal unless you have a terrible curling film. Two 120 roll films in a 485ml volume. 500 ml also fits so a very compact tank for developing 120 roll films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Worse, one that same puddling cycle of process I ran out of distilled water for final rinse! I've gotten spoiled by having spotless negs (or nearly so) very cnsitently, and putting just a little (filtered) tap water left me with lots of ugly stains. Had to spot with PS forver to make this still-dirty scan -- will try to re-wash the negs later and hope this %^$#!! will come off.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a similar experience back in 2000. I'd just bought a new 5 reel tank from B&H on my last trip in the city before moving to Maui. Needed more capacity than the older style Paterson I'd been using since 1978 could give.

After 3x of use, it cracked during development. I finished those rolls, called Paterson, and they shipped out a new one right away. No questions asked. I just had to send in the broken one.

The replacement's been going fine for when I just have a few rolls to develop, otherwise I use the JOBO ATL3.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Worse, one that same puddling cycle of process I ran out of distilled water for final rinse! I've gotten spoiled by having spotless negs (or nearly so) very cnsitently, and putting just a little (filtered) tap water left me with lots of ugly stains. Had to spot with PS forver to make this still-dirty scan -- will try to re-wash the negs later and hope this %^$#!! will come off.

You ARE washing in fotoflo, right? Can take care of a multitude of sins.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try repairing the tank with JB Weld. The kneaded variety can be molded to fit just about any shape. That goo fixes everything. I rescued a worthless 6x9 Graflex Back with a thimble-full of it..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    After only 18 years of service being rapped and dropped and tossed about, the thing got a tiny crack. What a piece of junk
    No wonder they say digital is free, film is expensive... it broke after only 18 years??? Jeez! Now you have to go out and "upgrade"... what, about $30?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I had eight 120 films to develop yesterday, and two tanks: A Jobo and a Paterson. Three reels for the Jobo, three for the Paterson.

Even if the Jobo reels are designed to take two 120 films end-to-end, it's a lot easier to do on the Paterson reels. I ended up doing six films in the three Paterson reels, ans the last two in separate runs in the Jobo.

The way you load the reels is very similar, but the paterson reels are in a different class. BTW, I attach roll 2 to the end of roll 1 with the tape already on the film, just rip it off the backing paper and stick it to the next roll.
    I am the opposite, I like the the Paterson reels but prefer the Jobo reels for loading 120 size rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I had eight 120 films to develop yesterday, and two tanks: A Jobo and a Paterson. Three reels for the Jobo, three for the Paterson.

Even if the Jobo reels are designed to take two 120 films end-to-end, it's a lot easier to do on the Paterson reels. I ended up doing six films in the three Paterson reels, ans the last two in separate runs in the Jobo.

The way you load the reels is very similar, but the paterson reels are in a different class. BTW, I attach roll 2 to the end of roll 1 with the tape already on the film, just rip it off the backing paper and stick it to the next roll.
    I forgot to mention that`s a good idea for loading two #120 films on a Paterson reel.
    Cheers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Colley
    With my stainless tank I generally worry more about cracking my sink..
    I also use SS and have the same worry for my new resin coated sink, so I keep a small piece of 2x4 to put in the sink to rap the tank against, no worries mate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin