Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,109   Online: 1100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I had some fun last night...

I've kind of felt things have been rather serious around here and when I feel the "heavy" I find that souping a bunch of film helps to calm my nerves. I've also finally set up a very small darkroom in the half bath but that post will have to wait until I scan some of the prints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12negatives.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    HI Alan, it sounds like you are starting to feel at home, in your new location. Glad to see you back to developing film, looking forward to seeing some of the results.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    wow...is dust not a problem there?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    wow...is dust not a problem there?
    David, David, David...I would never have hung negatives to dry in the garage when I lived in Utah. Now I live in New Jersey and the air is positively moist. Sounds gross and sometimes it is
    I haven't noticed a dust problem from hanging negs in the house and don't expect a problem in the garage either. My biggest hazard is fingerprints form my two year old. I'll take a closer look at them when I get home today just to ease my mind. Thanks for making me paranoid

I should also give a shout-out to a few members who have held my hand as I figured out developing: Sharon (Shmoo), Aggie, and Per Volquartz. Many emails and phone conversations have made me fairly confident in developing. I feel like the poster boy for the benefits of APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if this is the first time large format film has been dried on a line that appears as if it has been strung on the handlebars of a bike and tricycle?
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You are also the poster boy for "where there is a will, there is a way" I'll bet the negs look great. good job.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson
    I'll bet the negs look great.
    Well...some are better than others. I'm still figuring out the Petzval projector lens and packard shutter combo. Out of the 12 I think there's 3 or 4 that I really like. In a year I probably won't like any of them, hopefully because I've become a better photographer.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist
    David, David, David...I would never have hung negatives to dry in the garage when I lived in Utah. Now I live in New Jersey.
    Wait, NEW JERSEY!
    When did you move?
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You've been spending too much time on the toy camera forums-haha.
    I moved out here three months ago. I got tired of waiting for the Utah members to have a big get together and figured the east coasters were a safe bet

You moved to Oregon didn't you? For school? Hope things are working out on the other coast.

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear from you Alan...

"Moist air"....that sounds similar to long term So Cals' calling the sky "haze"...

best,

Matt
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin