Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,596   Posts: 1,622,375   Online: 838

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Announcing a new addition to my family!

Last night I became the proud "mom" of a Beseler 23 II, just like the one I already have! It's kinda like having twins...several years apart.

I have been 'in talks' with a local pro photog who's a member of the same camera club, and last night he brought it to the meeting and sold it to me for $50. This is just fabulous! now I won't have to keep stopping & changing the darned lens when I want to enlarge 35mm.

I am a happy camper today!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats! I'd take a cigar, but I don't smoke anymore...

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulation! I am glad that you have the room for your large family. I had to put my 23C up for adoption when I got my 45M.

Shooter
    35mm
    You actually enlarge your 35mm? Gosh, I am so in love with those wonderful small prints that I never even considered doing that.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats!! I first learned enlarging on a Beseler 23 and figured that would be the one I'd eventually buy. Fond memories!

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Jeanette

Regards,
    Bill
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Way to go, BWGirl!! I also acquired one recently, and am totally in love with it!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm sure you'll love it every bit as much as the first one. I've had two of them (not simultaneously) and still have my 23C with dichro head alongside my Beseler 45M*** (not sure which variety).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lucky you, BWgirl. I do have two enlargers, but in my small apartement there is place only for one to be ready to work. So, despite having two of them I still have to change lenses, negative carriers, condensers, mixing chambers...
    Last edited by haris; 07-12-2006 at 01:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: still don't know to write :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    You actually enlarge your 35mm? Gosh, I am so in love with those wonderful small prints that I never even considered doing that.
    I needed to hear this today... my day at work hasn't been the best.

In a recent discussion about using an enlarger to print 35mm negs using alternative processes, I mentioned my series of contact printed 35mm cyanotypes and 6x6/6x7 Polaroid Transfers. Nobody responded to my suggestion that this is as valid a solution as every one else's suggestions for paper negs and other techniques to easily generate larger negs for contact printing... implying that I am crazy.

I like teenie-weenie prints, and I'm proud to say that. Thank you Claire for restoring my confidence and self-concept. I may be a bit odd, but I'm NOT crazy! Now if you could help restore my hair... Oh, my receeding hairline ;-)

p.s. Congrats BWGirl Jeanette!
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 07-12-2006 at 02:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: staying on topic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin