Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,779   Online: 863

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images

Jobo Expert Drum lid

When using Jobo Expert drums in a processor (e.g. CPP, CPA), is the little plastic cup on the inside removed? I was just wondering since I just got a tank which is missing it and am not using it with a processor, just on a unicolor motor base.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Diane,
    The expert series tanks do not have a cup on the inside like the other series
    does.

Jerry

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, whatever the thing is called which keeps the light out. It is attached inside the lid of my 3005 Expert tank (bought new by me) and my other 3004 Expert tank.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Expert tanks are only intended to be used on a processor. So it would be wierd if a part was supposed to be removed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Diane,
    I've never noticed any cups, but with my Expert tanks - one bought new the others on ebay, I've just struck them straight on the processor & they worked fine. I cant see any reference to them on the jobo site ( http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service/us_...pert_drums.htm ) , so I expect they stay put.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Well, whatever the thing is called which keeps the light out. It is attached inside the lid of my 3005 Expert tank (bought new by me) and my other 3004 Expert tank.
    I thought you might have been referring to the removable cup on the 1500 series tanks. It sounds like it should be good then.

Jerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Diane- can you see through the hole at the top of the drum? or is there a flat plastic disc between the hole and the body of the lid?

If the flat plastic disc is missing and you can see directly out of the lid, it is defective. If the disc is there, you should be ok.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Scott,
    Yes, I can see through the hole at the top of the drum. The flat plastic disc is not there. I have emailed Jobo to see if I can get a replacement for that disc. If worst comes to worst, I can probably use the lid from my 3005 tank on it when I want to use only 3004 tanks for developing. The 3004 tank is for developing my 5x12 film which is too tall for the 3005 tank.

I've also asked the seller about the disc, in case he removed it for some reason. Hopefully, I'll have a reply waiting for me at home in my email.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Diane -

the Expert drum lids should be interchangeable, so you should be good to go until you can get the replacement part, if it can be fixed. What may have happened is that the previous owner pumped a bit too hard with the foot pump and the pressure blew out the disc. The discs are attached with three little plastic pins that are "welded" down to hold the disc in place. Short of intentional violence, I see no way the disc would come out on its own. The lid you have MAY be shot, and not worth trying to fix.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Update: I got an email from the seller this morning and he said that he forgot to include the plastic disc and offered to send it to me. My previous 3004 tank came with directions and believe it or not, they show that the disc can be removed (and should be on occasion for thorough cleaning). So, when it arrives, I'll see what I can do with it. In the meanwhile, I'll use my 3005 lid with it. Thanks all for your responses.
    Diane

Halak 41

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin