Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,611   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guess, I'm just used to filling the baths by sticking the hose through one of the chem. bottle holes. Seems quicker to me. I was concerned about ruining the selenoid by "not" having a cold water hose attached. I could hear the selenoid kicking on in an attempt to cool the 75 degree water that was in the bath today. I'll be sure to use ice to bring the water bath close to temp before turning the processor on, so as to not risk causing damage.

The temp dial on Cal's CPA has a pencil mark about an 1/8th of an inch below the 20 degree C line on it, indicating 68 degrees. Maybe his dial wasn't guite right. Because at that setting, the glasss thermometer has always shown 68.

Thanks to all for responding.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanK
    The CPA-2 that was left to me after a friend passed away, was also very well used. The serial number is in the 12K range. He put a lot of miles on the machine. So, when I heard that Jobo was going to stop making analog processors this coming October, I bit the bullet and bought the CPP-2. In the back of my mind, I don't know how much longer my CPA will function. That's why I made the decision to buy new.

Now I'm looking at Jobo's site to print off the pdf of the CPP-2's manual. Calumet conveniently forgot to include the manual w/ the processor.
    The current manual for the latest CPP-2s and CPA-2s is much larger and more comprehensive than the manuals that shipped with the older processors. It's also much better put together. Make sure Calumet sends you one!

And speaking of Jobo literature...........

I can't believe the "Jobo Rotary Processor Journal" (Only printed by Jobo for 2 years and comprises only about 70 pages) was sold for $108.00 dollars on eBay! The "Rotary Processor Manual" by Tinsley sold for $66.00! I suspect that these items will be used to bootleg CD-Roms and make counterfeit knock-offs.

The vultures are circling....
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Winter: Ft. Lauderdale; Summer: Asheville, NC
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    20 degrees C = 68F; 24 degrees C = 75F. That will take care of most processes. The solenoid hose does not have to be attached. It will not damage the CPP-2. If you dump ice into the bath, the heater will bring the temp up to 68F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would suggest not putting loose ice in the water bath. There is something buried in the literature somewhere about the potential for pieces of ice causing problems with the circulation pump. Some people may have done this without problems, but there is an easy solution. Get some extra Jobo bottles, fill 3/4 with water and store in the freezer. When you need to cool the bath, put the frozen bottles in the bottle slots until cooled, then return the ice bottles to the freezer.

Good luck with your new machine!

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1
    The current manual for the latest CPP-2s and CPA-2s is much larger and more comprehensive than the manuals that shipped with the older processors. It's also much better put together. Make sure Calumet sends you one!

And speaking of Jobo literature...........

I can't believe the "Jobo Rotary Processor Journal" (Only printed by Jobo for 2 years and comprises only about 70 pages) was sold for $108.00 dollars on eBay! The "Rotary Processor Manual" by Tinsley sold for $66.00! I suspect that these items will be used to bootleg CD-Roms and make counterfeit knock-offs.

The vultures are circling....
    I have the "Jobo Rotary Processor Manual" by John Tinsley, but have never been able to find a copy of "The Jobo B/W Handbook" which has processing charts and times for many different film and developer combinations from G-bar=0.55 for condensor enlargers and G-bar=-0.70 for diffuser enlargers along with the effective film speed yield for each combination. Just a book I would like to read just out of curiosity. My main use for my Jobo is E-6 processing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott.
    I have the "Jobo Rotary Processor Manual" by John Tinsley, but have never been able to find a copy of "The Jobo B/W Handbook" which has processing charts and times for many different film and developer combinations from G-bar=0.55 for condensor enlargers and G-bar=-0.70 for diffuser enlargers along with the effective film speed yield for each combination. Just a book I would like to read just out of curiosity. My main use for my Jobo is E-6 processing.
    Oh no! Not another item (Jobo B/W Handbook) to keep an eye out for!

BTW- The seller of that Jobo Rotary Processor Journal that sold for $108.00 on eBay just happens to have another one up for auction!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin