Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,932   Posts: 1,522,195   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

CPP-2 has arrived !!!!!

It's here... it's here !!!! My brand new CPP-2 arrived this morning via UPS. Pity I'm at work and won't get to it 'til after 5:30p tonight. Regardless, I'm psyched up to use it anyway, even if I can't begin immediately.

SusanK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanK
    It's here... it's here !!!! My brand new CPP-2 arrived this morning via UPS. Pity I'm at work and won't get to it 'til after 5:30p tonight. Regardless, I'm psyched up to use it anyway, even if I can't begin immediately.

SusanK
    Susan,

Good to know that the CPP-2 arrived. I know you were having concerns about the one you had and wanted another while they still could be gotten.

We expect to hear a good report on the unit by 7PM. But, really look forward to hearing a good report shortly. Enjoy the unit.

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 08-04-2006 at 02:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Post some pics.

SusanK
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

SusanK
    The top gun of the manually operated Jobo processors, lucky you.
    Mine is a well used but reliable CPA-2 with lift.
    I hope you enjoy using it for many years or even decades to come.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The CPA-2 that was left to me after a friend passed away, was also very well used. The serial number is in the 12K range. He put a lot of miles on the machine. So, when I heard that Jobo was going to stop making analog processors this coming October, I bit the bullet and bought the CPP-2. In the back of my mind, I don't know how much longer my CPA will function. That's why I made the decision to buy new.

Now I'm looking at Jobo's site to print off the pdf of the CPP-2's manual. Calumet conveniently forgot to include the manual w/ the processor.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This will get you to all the manuals: CPP-2, Lift, tanks, etc.
    http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/suppo...tion%20Manuals
    Enjoy,

John Powers

Winter: Ft. Lauderdale; Summer: Asheville, NC
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The manuals are some help, but I've found playing with them and reading forum posts to be of more value. You get answers to all the questions that are NOT in the manual, but that you want to know. I got a CPP-2 via eBay a month ago, and I think I've mostly figured it our. Feel free to ask questions about using it. I'm very happy with what it does. Be patient and do plenty of testing to get your times and dilutions right. It's better than I'd hoped. Jim Norman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The online manual says that the cooling selenoid can be hooked up to a cool water hose but, is not a requirement. My problem is that my "cold" water comes out of the ground at 75 degrees. I will have to dump ice in the water bath to get/keep the temp at 68 degrees. My first question: will running the processor without a cold water hose attached damage the machine ? Second question: What degree in Celcius equals 68 desgrees Farenheit ??? Stupid I know, but I can't make that conversion in my head. LOL

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Susan,

Having one of my favorites on the computer set for conversions, makes this easy. 68 degrees F is 20 degrees C. Not a difficult conversion though if I had to make the calculation.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I believe it uses the cold water line to fill the baths. Recently, I had to do just that, add ice. after that I was just peachy.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin