Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,788   Online: 901

Thread: kostiner washer

Shooter
    Multi Format

kostiner washer

Does anyone have a picture or diagram of where the hoses(3) go on a Kostiner 16x20 archival washer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Lyle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    3 hoses? (did they make a variety of versions?) Mine's only got one - the hose that couples the washer to the water supply. It has a threaded coupling that screws into the end of the white plastic (Plexiglas?) that runs the length of one side at the bottom of the washer. (it's the only thing that sits proud of the sides at the bottom of the whole assembly.)

Water egress is accomplished by letting it run over the shorter of the two end walls. I've always contemplated damming it and installing a drain hose so I don't have to sit the washer in a catch basic, but that project is still on the list...

Hope this helps, Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    The one Dave speaks of is an earlier model--before Kostiner realized the need for outlet tubes, rather than just letting it flow over the end. There should be three plexiglass outlet tubes that you would attach soft tubing to: the inlet (on the white block that runs the length of the front of the washer), the tube on the overflow chamber, and a tube at the back of the washer on the left side (facing it from the front) that has a clamp for adjusting the amount of aeration. This tube is also closed off when the washer isn't in use to keep it from draining out. I believe all three have a 1/2" inner diameter, but the inlet tube is thick-walled--not necessary on the other two.

(Actually the inner diameter is 5/8".)
    Last edited by John Snyder; 08-10-2006 at 05:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snyder
    The one Dave speaks of is an earlier model--before Kostiner realized the need for outlet tubes, rather than just letting it flow over the end...
    John, you mention a newer design of the Kosinter washer using three tubes. Do you know if the old design was simply modified or if the unit was redesigned?

I was unaware there were model variations - the one I have came to me via a circuitous route.

I've never really been fond of the "use it in the sink" approach and wouldn't mind knowing more details of Kostiner's solution to the problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated. Dave can post a pic if that would help to tell the difference? Lyle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin