Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,556,980   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Medium Format

The adventure continues...

After much coveting and scheming, my first and only Beseler/Minolta 45A head arrived today. I remember drooling over one of these 25+ years ago and wishing that I had been born to a wealthy family... When I set up the darkroom last year, I had two Beseler 45M frames on the bench; one with the Dichro S head, and another with the standard condensor head. My intent all along was to add a 45A, and after some muddling about watching the prices constantly run over $200 on fleabay, took the second frame down.

RULE #17 OF PHOTOGRAPHIC HOARDING--Do not store things in an unconditioned section of the basement, regardless of how dry you think it is.

That said, there was a lot of cleanup to do, and the need to replace the chipboard due to swelling and fungus. Final setup and alignment of the frame and stage will be done with the condensor head later this week. I am thinking of mounting the controller vertically on the horizontal stage support bars for greater visibility and access. Has anyone else done this?

Likely this enlarger will be used almost exclusively for the new foray into color work. But, how do I squeak a CPP through the budget without my wife making unconventional use of a frying pan???
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist
    RULE #17 OF PHOTOGRAPHIC HOARDING--Do not store things in an unconditioned section of the basement, regardless of how dry you think it is.
    Tell me about it! After a 3 day trip I came back and found water in my basement. It was raining heavily and unlucky for me, two boxes of paper were stored in the lowest drawer and there was water in it. Luckily, the water didn't make it in the plastic bag. From now on, paper will be stored in my appartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist
    But, how do I squeak a CPP through the budget without my wife making unconventional use of a frying pan???

Buy her a new frying pan, she will be pleased

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin