Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,189   Online: 948

Shooter
    Multi Format

16 x 20 Calumet/Zone VI Archival Print Washer

I am starting to restore one of these nice washers to useable condition (cleanup, replacement of hoses, etc.). I'd like to know what flow rates, etc. others are using with these washers and any other pointers that might help me get started with it.

Thanks,

Bruce

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't know about anyone else but here in the desert I use a soak and periodic flow regimen. I usually wash for a period of an hour and a flow about every twenty minutes sufficient to replace the volume of the washer. If you decide to do this then the formula for determining that is widthXheightXdepth divided by 231. That will give you the gallons contained in the washer.

The studies that I have encountered for FB archival processing seem to suggest that immersion time in water is as important as continual flow.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ╠ have a Zone VI 16x20 washer and, once filled, I use it at a flow rate of 25 liter/hour.
    Try to get an irrigation valve to feed the water into the washer, since I have found that the standard faucets I get locally are impossible to graduate to a steady flow.

Best,

Peter
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin