Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,710   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually - does anybody here know ANYTHING about DeVere 5x7 lightboxes (diffusion chambers)? I'm only familiar with the 4x5 ones... is this something I'm going to need to look at?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter, you might be interested in this Bench converter that turns your wall mount into a bench enlarger.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black
    Sparky & Lee

I have nothing to say that could help you, but feel obliged to honour you both for the efforts you have made to get your enlargers working. I bought an Omega wallmount D2 5x4 enlarger unseen, but unfortunately my darkroom wall isn't strong enough to take it and the enlarger has sat alone and unloved in the garage ever since. I am truly not worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, y'know... it MIGHT be. What's the construction? It might be as simple as bolting to the studs (lag bolts, please! - just really big screws). If it's 2x4 stud, just screwing in to them will make you about as sturdy as bench mount (depending of course, on about 1500 other extenuating factors!), but if you want to brave removing a bit of gypsum board (it's easy!) and patching it up again - it would be well worth it. What's the construction of your wall?

CGross
    Lee, did you have any success with your chain issue? If so can you please post what you ended up doing?
    I picked up a 504 floor standing model and need to dissassemble it for shipping. Do you or anyone else have any advice on dissassembly of this enlarger?
    I was told by KHB Photografix in Mississauga that it should break down into 2 or 3 major pieces since that is how it comes new in the box.
    The one I got almost looks like a 507 stand with a 504 head???

I have heard these are great enlargers and I can't wait to put it to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found detailed assembly instructions somewhere but it is quite straightforward. First thing is to lock the head and neg stages down using the two knobs above the baseboard. The baseboard is held on by wingnuts so that removes easily but if you can get away with it don't remove the baseboard frame. The two rods that are connected to the chains in the base are not supported when the frame is removed and that's where my problems started. At the back of the lower assembly you will find two nuts. It you tighten these up it prevents the chain cogs from moving about.
    At the front of the enlarger you will see an allen bolt on either side of the column. These hold the column on to the base. By the way the DeVere uses imperial size hex keys not metric. I'll try and scan the relevant pages in the manual and PM then to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found it:

Look at the 3rd comment.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetc...id=00BNog&tag=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin