Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,006   Online: 866

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Refurbishing mixing box

As part of the ongoing renovation of my enlarger I took a look at the mixing boxes. The polystyrene inserts are very yellow and upon opening then up some of the insert is very discoloured. It's an easy job to replace the polystyrene but is there any reason why manufacturers used this material as it's prone to discolour and even melt. Has anyone found a more durable substitute or is it a case of "if it aint broke"?
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Depends how deep the discolouration goes. It my be possible to use an abrasive paper to clean it. There shouldn't be any problem with melting, the heat filter should stop that. I think replacement mixing boxes are available, at least LPL are.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think they use it because it's cheap and the right colour. Plus when it gets dirty it's cheap enough to replace instead of worrying about cleaning.

If you use anything else I'd worry about colour issues.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin