Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,131   Online: 897

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleyjeff
    A later post refers to sinking the processor in the work bench. Well that's the wheel reinvented twice that I know about in Wigan! It's well worth doing not least of all because I can now sit down when playing at printing
    Cheers
    Jeff
    The aforementioned long suffering wife is looking at me with trepidation as the drill and jigsaw are being unpacked accompanied my my wild eyed mutterings of "what a great idea". As there's no F1 Grand Prix this weekend I might as well take out my frustration on an innocent lump of wood.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you all, it looks to be really helpfull

NYX, you guess was perfect, I had no problem to understand... btw, a very interesting construction

Roger , I share your scepticism about dictionres, but this time it works. What is funy is the example their use for explanation

4. Informal. a step, degree, or grade: This camera is a notch better than the other

j.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Nova print processor is the only thing on my christmas wishlist this year - quite seriously, though their Australian Distributor doesnt have any on hand so it looks like I'll be getting one direct from the UK.
    It's fun to imagine you have more money than you do, but as has been said it's the best gear and you'll pay for the quality. (and I stand by my previous decision that spending all my money today on HP5 and FP4 was a good idea.)
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm thinking about monochrome processor
    You're not really lucky in the time schedule: A photo friend of mine in Martin (SK) just sold his Nova abroad. It was in mint condition.
    But maybe some luck elswhere.

I am working with the Nova Masterlab when doing some quick printing on smaller formats. Also easy for the C41 development of films or even RA-4. For the bulk I have a Thermaphot ACP252 which is going very quickly.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nyx
    If you don't want to spend that much, you can use some DIY solution.

For example: http://www.paladix.cz/clanky/proceso...ni-papiru.html
    I guess you should have no problem with understanding.

I'm thinking about building something like that myself as I don't have enough space in my darkroom for tray development of large prints. I'm thinking like 55x45x1cm - that should allow me to do up to 50x70cm prints with 2.5L of chemisty. I'm worried about paper sticking to the glass, but that should be probably solved by adding some vertical wires around the walls that would guide the paper in.

The Nova units use plastic (for want of a more specific word) with an irregular surface texture. You can get glass like that too.

I have a washer from Summitek which has smooth surfaces and it's harder to use because of the tendency of the paper to grip the surface.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    [QUOTE=Juraj Kovacik] This camera is a notch better than the other[/I]/QUOTE]

You're right, that is funny!

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for Nova's slot processors. I've had a Trimate (three slots) for the last 6 years. It's been absolutely brilliant. I now have one of their (secondhand) fibre-based processors, which I'm now getting used to.
    The initial outlay can seem quite high, but if you think that they will last for years, they are good value. Plus the fact that if you want to, it makes getting ready for a darkroom session very easy indeed - all you have to do is take the lids off and away you go. That's worth a great deal IMHO.
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, that's the major benefit for me. With 2 youngsters and a bit of a commute between work and home my time is very limited. After finishing a printing sessions I top off the Nova, or drain about 100ml off and refill. The next night it's just a case of lifting the covers off. With open trays I found that because of the setting up, wastage and clearing up it took quite a bit of effort to mentally prepare myself to do any printing. With the Nova one can pop in the darkroom for 20 minutes or several hours. There are times when things are just not working and rather than get frustrated (with what is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby) I can just put the lids on the Nova and call it a night.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With the Nova one can pop in the darkroom for 20 minutes or several hours.
    I agree with you that this is one of the biggest advantages of the Nova system. A very quick stand bye time so that even a short time dark room session can be valuable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ability to just walk in to the darkroom and get started straight away, and when finished to just switch the light out on the way out is a (possibly the) major advantage. This is one of the things the digiwallahs always mention: that they can sit at the computer for 20 mins anytime they get the urge; well, you can do the same with a Nova. A clearing time test on the fixer (I also use Tetenal fixer test strips for a belt and braces approach) and away you go.

The time saved is well worth the extra expense over dishes, plus it keeps fixer fumes down to the extent that I do not need to switch the fans on with a low-odour fixer: just let the wind do the job...

Cheers, Bob.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin