Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,547   Online: 1004

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The time saved is well worth the extra expense over dishes, plus it keeps fixer fumes down to the extent that I do not need to switch the fans on with a low-odour fixer: just let the wind do the job...

Geeez Bob, if I let the wind do the job in my darkroom without an extraction fan on, I think I'd pass out!!!!!

Maybe if I went easy on the greens, it would be more bearable?

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thakn you all. I must say that I've started to think abou this seriously.

j.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan
    The time saved is well worth the extra expense over dishes, plus it keeps fixer fumes down to the extent that I do not need to switch the fans on with a low-odour fixer: just let the wind do the job...

Geeez Bob, if I let the wind do the job in my darkroom without an extraction fan on, I think I'd pass out!!!!!

Maybe if I went easy on the greens, it would be more bearable?

Mick.
    Yes indeed: always avoid brussel sprouts for at least 6 hours before entering enclosed spaces...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oop North it's mushy peas tha's got t'avoid.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Im very lucky in my location and am able to drop by at the NOva showroom personally, sometimes once a week, to pick up articles.

I think that the reason they have been so sucessful, and continue to be, is because they sell stuff that nobosy else sells - and it is really well made and thought out designs.

The Man at the top - Robin Whetton, is a really interesting chap to have a chat with. He started the company in 1983 I think, and I know that John Sexton worked with thme on the design of their archival washers.

Recently they have started a new line called Permajet, which are brilliantly marketed inkjet papers (and I'm sure, as inkjet paper goes, brilliant inkjet paper) - not really for me or anyone else on this site, but I understand and support this from a business point of view. The nice thing is that the company does well from such products and continues to produce their darkroom products and their excellent catalogue.

I've been telling Mr Whetton to become a sponsor on this site.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Frankly, I'm surrprised they haven't been a sponsor on this site yet.

j.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have long thought that Robin has a certain yearning to be a hard-nosed, ruthless businessman but is too nice a guy: his inherent decency, honesty, enthusiasm and helpfulness means he will never win the Rich Bastard Of The Year Award.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My business and Robin's have had a long and mutually beneficial relationship, and I've used a Nova Quad processor since 1987 or thereabouts at which time Nova was being run from a corner of a pig farm! It's still doing sterling service as is the accompanying washer. Highly recommended. No, they aren't cheap, but with careful use should last a lifetime.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin