Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,008   Online: 725

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Open Combi

As Mark said, in the dark these tanks work well with dip & dunk. Some use two or three additional tank bodies and just carry the process straight through without changing solutions. This would work really great with another holder, as a second run of similar or different film could be started while the first is lounging in the fix or wash...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd second the recommendation to process four rather than six sheets at a time. (In fact, HP suggests this if your film is "important".) I'm incompetent enough to have ruined sheets by having them touch. This is pretty much impossible if you only load four sheets at a time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also recommend the COmbi-Plan tank. It is simple to use. Practice filling and emptying before you actually load any film. Then you will get the hang of it, know how much time it takes to fill and empty and know exactly how much chemisty you need. Good luck. Have fun.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just developed my first 4x5's. I chose to go with the Combiplan because the method is the same, essentially, to developing roll film. The negatives turned out fine but man that thing leaks like crazy! I had to change agitation from inversion to side to side because it was leaking too much developer. I checked several times after loading the film to make sure the lid was on tight, and it was. After I saw how much it leaked, I checked it again and it was on as tight as it would go. Is this normal?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn
    I just developed my first 4x5's. I chose to go with the Combiplan because the method is the same, essentially, to developing roll film. The negatives turned out fine but man that thing leaks like crazy! I had to change agitation from inversion to side to side because it was leaking too much developer. I checked several times after loading the film to make sure the lid was on tight, and it was. After I saw how much it leaked, I checked it again and it was on as tight as it would go. Is this normal?
    Seal it like you would a tupperware container, by pinching the edge, and running your fingers around it. Mine leakes less and less with use, so there may be a bit of a breaking in period. It is a flaw with the combiplan, no doubt. It shouldn't leak at all, from the getgo, but most of them seem to, by reports.

Shooter
    Large Format

Combi-plan for me

It's Combi-plan for me. I get consistent even development developing 6 sheets at a time. I do pour the chemistry in and out via the tank spouts and have had no problems with the 4 tanks I have; no leakage either. I just wish the system can do more than 6 at a time (I do realize that some do 12 by doing sheets back to back, I never have).

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald
    Has anyone tried dip and dunk for semi,minimal agitation?

Jim
    I did last night. I used a couple of Kodak 5x7 tanks to do eight 4x5 negs. But that might be another thread. I'll post the negatives as soon as I get them scanned.

Dorothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin